Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Well, I both agree and disagree. It depends on the metric. I consider him the worst because he is not firing on all cylinders. I'm ignoring his lack of accomplishment in his career and just focusing on who he is now. He is an old man who has lost his cognitive ability. If he was a "normal" american he would be in a retirement home, mumbling to anyone who would listen about past stuff. It's obvious his brain is done being productive other than keeping his organs functioning.

More of the slur against Biden that will become prominent in the normal politics of personal destruction that is ALWAYS practiced by the right-wingers.
There is both a lot that we know and a lot that we don't know about Trump, given his incompetent performance of the past 3 1/2 years. We do know that he can't read for comprehension because he insists on being briefed verbally rather than reading the intel briefs, etc, and that he can barely read off the telemprompter to the point that he has to focus very hard on the words and often probably doesn't even know what he is saying.
We don't know about his actual health because of the omerta-type silence enforced around him. What was his sudden trip to Walter Reed on a weekend last year about? Why couldn't he lift a glass of water and need assistance from his other hand in doing so? What sort of drugs is he taking? He seems to have a lot of energy, but so did Michael Jackson, which begs the question of what sort of "uppers" is he taking? There are some who believe that he is on some sort of meth because of his sniffles that occur quite often.
Swaying while standing at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Etc etc etc.
That's okay. We expect your slurs to continue unabated. it's the right-wing modus operandi.

So the only question is, what is the agenda and ruthlessness of the people behind Biden. For starters, they are ruthless enough to prop him up as their face. And if that face is better than the real face, this could be even more terrifying than Hillary.

"Ruthlessness of the people behind Biden....."
And now the conspiracy theories.
Another modus operandi of the right wing.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:23 PM

Pretty sure it's the same people behind Biden that were behind Clinton. Establishment Democrat: the superdelegates.

Ummm, yes. It's the Democratic Party. Who do you expect them to be "behind"? DOH!
Old 07-27-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I agree with you there. I would watch those debates and laugh that he was even still participating due to the sheer awfulness of his performance. But he is an example of what happens when there is not a Trump on stage. What I mean is, had Trump not been there, the republican handlers would have given the voters Jeb. It was obvious that he was the anointed one, but an outsider refused to play the game.

It's why we have folks like Romney badmouthing trump. He's an outsider. He's not a part of the Uniparty - and that is why so many people love him. They love what he is doing and the more he pisses off the left and ESPECIALLY the RINOs, the more they love him.
Actually, Biden did quite well in the debates. He stayed calm while the others were trying to out-left one another with their proposals. As it turns out, lots and lots of Democrats did indeed want a "centrist" as their nominee, and so they voted for Biden.

And as far as I can tell, the term RINO (used repeatedly by the right-wingers of the Republican party) actually means someone who is thoughtful and reasonable and does not spend their time on Newt-type hatefulness towards others just because they are Democrats.
OH THE HORROR!
*L*
Old 07-27-2020, 08:30 PM

"This just goes to show how the Republican primary is a fair, legitimate election where the Democratic primary is not. Reince Priebus stayed neutral throughout the 2016 election until Trump secured enough delegates to take the nomination. That's the way it is supposed to be."

That's the way it is in the Democratic Party, too. You are probably talking about Bernie in 2016. Uh, HILLARY GOT THE MOST PRIMARY VOTES! What do you and the other right-wingers not understand about that?????????
Old 07-28-2020, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsup1000 View Post
You are proving my contention that Biden is a centrist. The fact is that the majority of people want to maintain some sort of government help in regards to health insurance. Meanwhile, the Trump administration continues to push their case for totally eliminating Obamacare in front of the SC with no plan for how to replace it such that those covered under it continue to have health insurance.
Biden wants to do what didn't work (Obamacare) in an even bigger, more expensive way. The only difference is that the insurance company he wants to set up will be public instead of private. How is that going to drive prices down when health exchanges accomplished nothing? Public can't beat private unless it is supplemented with taxpayer money, which it shouldn't be, because the private businesses can't compete. His entire proposal is nonsense. It's a waste of effort.

What Republicans wanted to do since the 90s is private health savings accounts; not insurance. The idea is to put cost pressures on providers so providers drive their operating costs down. They're also not funds the government can take and there's no profit/loss component of them. It's mandatory savings account because as most people age, their need for healthcare goes up. If they've had a productive life, they'll have a big pool of money to use for end of life care. If they haven't, that's why we have Medicaid and Medicare.

Quote:
Actually, once again, the majority of people want some gun sanity laws that would help to prevent the gun massacres that have become way too common after the Repubs allowed assault-type weapons back into the general public, and also to try to cut down on the 40,000 or so gun deaths each and every year in this "civilized First World" nation. Biden again is the centrist regarding this issue.
Biden isn't talking about anything that is Constitutional, never mind remotely feasible.

Republicans and Democrats agreed bump-stocks are a technology covered under the spirit of the National Firearms Act so they passed a law to include bump-stocks as a modification which turns a semi-auto rifle into a full-auto rifle; therefore banned. That is a centrist proposal and it passed because it was centrist and almost everyone agreed something should be done about it.

By the way, the vast majority of gun deaths are caused by pistols which the Heller decision made explicitly clear government cannot deprive people of (unless felon).

Quote:
And no, Trump is not "centrist". That's why his approval rating has hovered down around 40% or below for basically his entire term. He is supported primarily by the vast right-wing FOX cult, and that's about it. Very few of his programs, if any, have majority support for them.
No, he is not centrist at all.
I did not say he was, just closer to the center than Biden is.

Quote:
Ummm, yes. It's the Democratic Party. Who do you expect them to be "behind"? DOH!
I was referring to a specific group inside the party that controls the party. Not the people that consider themselves members of said party, but the rulers of it.

Last edited by FordGT90; 07-29-2020 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
That's the way it is in the Democratic Party, too. You are probably talking about Bernie in 2016. Uh, HILLARY GOT THE MOST PRIMARY VOTES! What do you and the other right-wingers not understand about that?????????
No, I'm talking about how momentum didn't matter at all and that is clearly on display here:

The momentum was behind Sanders and against Biden; then suddenly Biden was taking all the states. How does this make any sense whatsoever? And where is the drop that supported Biden's surge? It should have come from other candidates, no? Oh right, they all got out and threw their lot in with Biden. Almost all at once too. Totally legit. Totally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (39.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by FordGT90; 07-28-2020 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90 View Post
No, I'm talking about how momentum didn't matter at all and that is clearly on display here:

The momentum was behind Sanders and against Biden; then suddenly Biden was taking all the states. How does this make any sense whatsoever? And where is the drop that supported Biden's surge? It should have come from other candidates, no? Oh right, they all got out and threw their lot in with Biden. Almost all at once too. Totally legit. Totally.
I've been an independent for 18 years. I consider the R's and D's to be two separate wings of the Uniparty. That being said, I see it as one being the "young, dumb and full of c**" party and the other being the party for adults.

As one pundit said, it used to be that the D's and R's had the same goals, but with different takes on how to reach those goals. Now, they are like Isrealis and Palestinians. They have completely different goals. They have little in common. But it's obvious that one is governed more by emotion and the other more by logic and reason. One needs only compare the BLM and other "protests" to the TEA party protests.

Hell, the TEA party even cleaned up their mess when they were done. It was more like a real block party than a "protest".
Old 07-28-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
They have completely different goals. They have little in common.
I disagree. Both sides agree on 90% of things like the importance of infrastructure and justice. The thing is, 90% of focus isn't on those things, it's on the 10% of disagreement. Meanwhile, that 10% is distracting from getting the 90% done and so, our country crumbles under the weight of 10%.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90 View Post

Given to conspiracy theories, aren't you?

Maybe you're just naïve.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:06 PM

I have reason to be concerned:
Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC
Got a better explanation?