Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Did you ever in your life think you would have to engage in such an insane argument?

Dave
Amazingly, the best decade for America in our lifetimes (and probably several decades more) was probably under the tutelage of Slick Willie. No war, relatively low unemployment, a balanced budget, and the stock market was booming. So what did the loyal opposition do? Go the to the brink over a friggin' BJ (while themselves getting their own BJ's from the Callista's of the world). Go figure.

Last edited by finnbow; 04-22-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
LOTS and LOTs---Mountains of it in fact. The "Good ol' Days" crap is so deep it's amazing we get any sunlight at all.
well said
Old 04-22-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Amazingly, the best decade for America in our lifetimes (and probably several decades more) was probably under the tutelage of Slick Willie. No war, relatively low unemployment, a balanced budget, and the stock market was booming. So what did the loyal opposition do? Go the to the brink over a friggin' BJ (while themselves getting their own BJ's from the Callista's of the world). Go figure.
Indeed!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Exports? I thought the left supported greater tariffs?

Pete
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
It's an election year. All of a sudden...the sun comes out and we have a picnic.
Sorry...I am so tired of hearing the latest statistics on this or that. I just may skip the election completely.
Might want to check the authenticity of your Jefferson quote. Not being critical, I have used unsubstantiated Jefferson quotes in my sig line before too.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation

Go out and vote, it is your civic duty. Never drop out. Believe it or not your voice still matters. Maybe
Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
Might want to check the authenticity of your Jefferson quote. Not being critical, I have used unsubstantiated Jefferson quotes in my sig line before too.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation

Go out and vote, it is your civic duty. Never drop out. Believe it or not your voice still matters. Maybe

You might want to eliminate am obvious...about voting.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/06/op...ry-727814.html

Last edited by painter; 04-24-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I like this one:

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

Or

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

Pete
Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I like this one:

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

Or

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

Pete
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."?

Dave
Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Slick got in at the right time, and he got out at the right time. Rather be lucky as good any day.

BTW, Slick was never charged for a receiving a blow job, and he didn't lose his law license because of that charge.

Chas
Old 04-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Slick got in at the right time, and he got out at the right time. Rather be lucky as good any day.

BTW, Slick was never charged for a receiving a blow job, and he didn't lose his law license because of that charge.

Chas
Point taken. OTOH, he wouldn't have been put in a position to commit perjury were he not being investigated for said BJ by folks (Livingston, Gingrich) who were doing the same.

Slick Willie was a dumbass sleaze bag for what he did (though it pales in comparison to Iran-Contra). That doesn't negate the fact that his eight years in office were probably the best run we've had as a country since WWII. I suppose it's all relative. After Dubya and Obama, Bubba is looking better all the time.