Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Whell is here to enjoy fighting with the liberals. So even a poor little unsupported cry of 'false equlivalence' keeps the fight going.
Don is here to....um...uh...

Why are you here again?

Last edited by whell; 07-14-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Don is here to....um...uh...

Why are you here again?
Immaterial. We were talking about you. Don't evade and divert.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Immaterial. We were talking about you. Don't evade and divert.
No, we were talking about the impact of the implementation of supply side theory on the economy in this thread. Talking about me is an attempt to evade and divert. Please try to keep up.

Now, back on topic:

Strong retail sales report suggests robust economic growth in the second quarter

U.S. retail sales rose solidly in June, boosted by increases in purchases of motor vehicles and a range of other goods, cementing expectations for robust economic growth in the second quarter.

In addition to the solid retail sales data, a sharp narrowing of the trade deficit in April and May has also bolstered expectations of a strong GDP reading in the second quarter. The government will publish its snapshot of second-quarter GDP later this month.

Consumer spending is being driven by a tightening labor market, which is steadily pushing up wages. Consumption is also being supported by tax cuts and savings.

Yup, things appear to be rolling along quite nicely.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Yup, things appear to be rolling along quite nicely.
But when exactly this sort of robust economic news was reported under Obama, your Dear Leader always called it “fake news”, and you, along with all your idiot Trumpie friends, with your noses deeply embedded up Donny’s ass, lapped it up eagerly. So why is it no longer “fake news”, moron?

Meanwhile...

BlackRock CEO Fink Says Tariff War Could Spur Broad Market Rout

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...105634745.html
Old 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
But when exactly this sort of robust economic news was reported under Obama, your Dear Leader always called it “fake news”, and you, along with all your idiot Trumpie friends, with your noses deeply embedded up Donny’s ass, lapped it up eagerly. So why is it no longer “fake news”, moron?
Whell's a guy who thinks Trump is competent, truthful, patriotic and neither racist or misogynistic, despite boatloads of evidence to the contrary. Like his cult's leader, he is simply immune to truth and facts - a perfect Trumpkin, in other words. If Trump says that the sky is green, he's onboard with him to the end. Sad.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Whell's a guy who thinks Trump is competent, truthful, patriotic and neither racist or misogynistic, despite boatloads of evidence to the contrary. Like his cult's leader, he is simply immune to truth and facts - a perfect Trumpkin, in other words. If Trump says that the sky is green, he's onboard with him to the end. Sad.
I really don't give a crap about your opinions on the latest news regarding the sideshow in Washington. Nor do I give a crap about the post above, since it is nothing more than a deflection.

It is funny as hell to me that this is how you respond to a post about good economic news. A vacancy sign should be posted for the space between your ears if that's all you've got.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile...

BlackRock CEO Fink Says Tariff War Could Spur Broad Market Rout

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...105634745.html
Interesting how you post in this thread about things that "might" happen, and I post about the good economic news that IS happening.

Also, show me a post where I called good economic news under Obama "fake news".

You've got nothing. Never have, never will.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Also, show me a post where I called good economic news under Obama "fake news".
Once again you prove that you have severe reading comprehension issues. “D”s and “F”s in grade school, no doubt. Small wonder you’re a Trumpie.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:21 AM
Ready

Quote:
Once again you prove that you have severe reading comprehension issues. “D”s and “F”s in grade school, no doubt. Small wonder you’re a Trumpie.
Deliberately twisting things to suit one's bullshit arguments is NOT an example of a comprehension problem!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Deliberately twisting things to suit one's bullshit arguments is NOT an example of a comprehension problem!
I twisted nothing, and apparently Chicklet can't remember what he wrote. So, Chickie, here it is again since you apparently forgot - or didn't understand it in the first place:

You stated that us "Trumpies" all believed good economic news under Trump was fake news, because Trump said so. You then asked me why it was no longer fake news, because you think I must believe it. I responded by asking you to post any of my comments where I suggested good economic news was "fake news", to back up your claims.

Since I'm a "Trumpie", you should have no problem finding at least one, if not multiple, examples which would support your statement that I "lapped it up eagerly". So, please point them out to me. Go ahead. I'll wait.