Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:33 PM

OWS Snitch Outed.

Figures Breightbart would be involved too..

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Meet_...38/38/Y/M.html

Bradly Manning didn't do anything any different.. Oh wait.. yes he did, it was govt systems.. that make it bad. It's OK to get in civilian systems.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
Figures Breightbart would be involved too..

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Meet_...38/38/Y/M.html

Bradly Manning didn't do anything any different.. Oh wait.. yes he did, it was govt systems.. that make it bad. It's OK to get in civilian systems.
I would think that the movement would be more transparent. Why do they need secure systems for planning? I have not seen any serious opposition to the protests, but rather general acceptance of their right to protest. BTW, who's network are these anti-corporate protesters using for their communication.

How did it go for you yesterday with your new shirt?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:59 PM

A listserv is a news server. You can make a channel private, which means if you tap into it, then you have broken the law. It helps to mae it non transparent, then that way it makes it harder for the cops to plan how to arrest poeple. Say maybe like leading them onto the bridge where they could collect 10's of thousands in fines..

A lot of people stopped me and asked me for pictures. Including tourists. A few in the Protest got the take off of the 99%'er and said the movement could use something like that.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
A listserv is a news server. You can make a channel private, which means if you tap into it, then you have broken the law. It helps to mae it non transparent, then that way it makes it harder for the cops to plan how to arrest poeple. Say maybe like leading them onto the bridge where they could collect 10's of thousands in fines..

A lot of people stopped me and asked me for pictures. Including tourists. A few in the Protest got the take off of the 99%'er and said the movement could use something like that.
I thought the whole point of a protest is to gain attention; hence, so what if the piggies find out. If you are operating just inside the law, I can't see anything, but positives coming from police harassment. The group here seemed rather small yesterday. I thought the guy accessed the information by being part of the group not by cracking into a listserv server.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Over the years we have put our signatures to many petitions for one reason or other...written directly to representatives or utility companies and made phone calls. Never did we have to worry about making our protests known. Things certainly have changed in America.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Over the years we have put our signatures to many petitions for one reason or other...written directly to representatives or utility companies and made phone calls. Never did we have to worry about making our protests known. Things certainly have changed in America.
To tell the truth, I think people from flyover country and people from the great cities on the coasts view one another as Martians.

Chas
Old 10-17-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
To tell the truth, I think people from flyover country and people from the great cities on the coasts view one another as Martians.

Chas
The problem is that all the weirdos from flyover country come here to California; thus, giving us native Californian's a skewed reputation. I'd love a California if the flyover areas and foreign nations would take back their people. I'd suspect that environmental problems and housing shortages would subside here if that occurred.

Last edited by bhunter; 10-17-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
The problem is that all the weirdos from flyover country come here to California; thus, giving us native Californian's a skewed reputation. I'd love a California if the flyover areas and foreign nations would take back their people. I'd suspect that environmental problems and housing shortages would subside here if that occurred.
I can't speak for the rest of flyover country, but for Bugtussell, most all of our folks came back once their hitch was up.

If you find the other one, feel free to buy him a bus ticket home. He can stay in Columbia.

Chas
Old 10-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I can't speak for the rest of flyover country, but for Bugtussell, most all of our folks came back once their hitch was up.

If you find the other one, feel free to buy him a bus ticket home. He can stay in Columbia.

Chas
Evidently some people are leaving California. Unfortunately, they are the wrong people. We're slowly getting more and more concentrated with the granola crowd and the foreign crowd. I suspect it shall not change until the state falls into the Pacific. Some of the Central Valley towns have upwards of 35% unemployment. These are largely hispanic areas that were dependent on agriculture. That agriculture has been hampered by the demands of the granola folks residing in the cities. Thus, the people, who were once able to earn a living, are now more dependent upon government.

I like to use California as a measure of what the left plans to do to the rest of our country.

Last edited by bhunter; 10-17-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Resident octogenarian

What is hampering the agriculture, did they run out of E-coli?