Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:07 AM

Biden must run

Exclusive: Democratic donors urge Biden to challenge Clinton in U.S. 2016 race

Quote:
A group of prominent Democratic Party fundraisers on Friday began circulating a letter to encourage a hesitant Vice President Joe Biden to enter the 2016 race for U.S. president.

The letter, signed by nearly 50 people, calls the Obama-Biden administration a "spectacular success." It cites job creation, a lower unemployment rate, new health insurance policies for nearly 9 million Americans and the end of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"To finish the job, America needs a leader who is respected both home and abroad, and who understands the real challenges facing American families. In our opinion, the next president must be Joe Biden. If he announces he’s running, we’re all in. It’s a campaign we know he will win," the letter says.
Whether he takes up this invitation or not remains to be seen. This also maybe a way to force a decision from Biden since the suspense of 'will he or wouldn't he' is distracting the party's campaign. Assuming that Bernie is not electable being too far to the left, the party is now recognizing that Hillary is not as strong a candidate that everyone assumed, and she is not getting any stronger similar to Bush.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0RI25F20150918
Old 09-19-2015, 11:18 AM

Both sides are running scared from Bernie.

That should be enough to show every person with a D or an I behind their name they need to support Bernie.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Both sides are running scared from Bernie.

That should be enough to show every person with a D or an I behind their name they need to support Bernie.
I am a registered contributing member to Bernie's campaign for quite some time now. I would be thrilled if he is elected President more so than any candidate from either party by a mile, and this includes Biden. Joe Biden in my opinion would be a compromise candidate since I truly believe that Hillary is a weak candidate. Once again I will bring up the fact that she could not beat Obama in the 2008 primary, she is an even weaker candidate now with more baggage.

PS: All GOP candidates are evil imo. Tax cuts, pro wars, pro guns and anti-abortion, anti gay. That makes it a -5 for me.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
I am a registered contributing member to Bernie's campaign for quite some time now. I would be thrilled if he is elected President more so than any candidate from either party by a mile, and this includes Biden. Joe Biden in my opinion would be a compromise candidate since I truly believe that Hillary is a weak candidate. Once again I will bring up the fact that she could not beat Obama in the 2008 primary, she is an even weaker candidate now with more baggage.

PS: All GOP candidates are evil imo. Tax cuts, pro wars, pro guns and anti-abortion, anti gay. That makes it a -5 for me.
I've said the same of Obama. Hillary was the shoe-in to win we were told then out of no where a new guy shows up and wipes the floor with her.

Bernie is no new guy but he has a better plan and message than Obama and as you say, Hillary has more baggage (whether real or perceived)
Old 09-19-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I've said the same of Obama. Hillary was the shoe-in to win we were told then out of no where a new guy shows up and wipes the floor with her.

Bernie is no new guy but he has a better plan and message than Obama and as you say, Hillary has more baggage (whether real or perceived)
It will be wonderful if the party coalesces around Mr. Sanders. Then the ever reluctant Biden can stay out and Hillary nudged out in the primary process. But the Democratic party has IOU's too and Bernie is not going to help pay them back. Citizens United has wreaked havoc on our elections permanently.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Admin

With all due respect to Joe Biden, he's a loser.

Clinton/Castro in a walk against any Repug.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

Clinton/Castro in a walk against any Repug.
"Hopelessly devoted to her.........................". Enjoy the moment, it will be short lived.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Agreed, when it comes to the 2016 election.

What Biden needs to do is to strongly support Sanders
Old 09-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
"Hopelessly devoted to her.........................". Enjoy the moment, it will be short lived.
Methinks you read too much of the incessant rightwing anti-Clinton propaganda spewed to the MSM corporate media shills, Rajoo.

If you think they hate Hillary? Just wait until the absolute shitstorm of Club For Growth/Koch negative advertising that awaits Joe Biden and Bernie, if they prevail.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Admin

"In a five-day rolling Reuters/Ipsos poll ending on Sept. 15, 46 percent of respondents favored Clinton for the Democratic nomination, versus 27 percent for Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. Biden received 16 percent despite not being a declared candidate. The poll had a credibility interval of 4.7 percent." Reuters link above

A 19 & 30 point spread? If I were a betting man...