Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Where Finn and Chickie go to harvest their best arguments:

It appears that self-awareness isn't your strong suit.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:35 PM

I admit freely having trouble digging up any sympathy for clueless MAGA boy or his chaperones, who should have been more aware of the situation they abetted. It's not like his class was shot at school by an entitled armed nutjob.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Russia investigation happens to be the single most important story of the past two years, and possibly in the history of the American presidency[/I]
Sorry, but a speculative report from anonymous sources about something that might happen might be news, but it ain't front page news. By comparison, slightly less rabid news outlets such as CBS, NBC and others would tend to agree, not giving it front page treatment.

Again, this was an item for comparison: to note how differently various news sources treat certain news items. What CNN is doing is obvious. Their bias is so over the top by any objective assessment.

Wapo, maybe less so, but their treatment of the Covington HS kids story was flawed, and it exposed a bias that I think is pretty obvious.

We can agree to disagree , but the evidence is certainly there.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I admit freely having trouble digging up any sympathy for clueless MAGA boy or his chaperones, who should have been more aware of the situation they abetted. It's not like his class was shot at school by an entitled armed nutjob.
No, but its not like folks who wear that hat don't bring out the worst in some folks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44732099
Old 02-21-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
It appears that self-awareness isn't your strong suit.
But it appears deflecting is yours....
Old 02-21-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
No, but its not like folks who wear that hat don't bring out the worst in some folks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44732099
There's been some of that as well, one reason the hats weren't a great idea under the circumstances. A guy I have brunch with Sunday's wore one once, I didn't ask him why as he knows full well how I feel about this admin. It did make me uncomfortable, I felt somewhat disrespected being put in an awkward situation by someone I consider a friend, rather than an adversary.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:16 PM

A pretty good chart.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com

Faux "News" and its fake news brethren are, of course, way down and to the right: "Nonsense damaging to public discourse". NYT, WaPo, PBS and the other best sources are nearly center and high up.

So which sources does our president* rely on the most?

Last edited by Chicks; 02-21-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Sorry, but a speculative report from anonymous sources about something that might happen might be news, but it ain't front page news...
The Russia probe has been the number one story in the US for two years and the nation has been waiting with bated breath for the release of the report and now several news sources are reporting that the report is imminent. Like it or not, the WashPost is one of the premier sources of national political news in the country and it would malpractice to not report on the imminent release of this widely anticipated report if they have insight on its release.

I challenged you to read the article you cited and point out any obvious bias and you demurred. BTW, Fox News reported the same thing yesterday.

Last edited by finnbow; 02-21-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
There's been some of that as well, one reason the hats weren't a great idea under the circumstances. A guy I have brunch with Sunday's wore one once, I didn't ask him why as he knows full well how I feel about this admin. It did make me uncomfortable, I felt somewhat disrespected being put in an awkward situation by someone I consider a friend, rather than an adversary.
Curious: Not saying you would, but...

Do you think he should have felt uncomfortable or disrespected if, at some point, you had shown up with a "Me Too" pin or button? Or a "Feel the Bern" shirt or hat?
Old 02-21-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
The Russia probe has been the number one story in the US for two years and the nation has been waiting with bated breath for the release of the report and now several news sources are reporting that the report is imminent. Like it or not, the WashPost is one of the premier sources of national political news in the country and it would malpractice to not report on the imminent release of this widely anticipated report if they have insight on its release.

I challenged you to read the article you cited and point out any obvious bias and you demurred. BTW, Fox News reported the same thing yesterday.
You still don't get the point, or you're being purposefully obtuse. I'll state it again:

A speculative report from anonymous sources about something that might happen might be news, but it ain't front page news. By comparison, slightly less rabid news outlets such as CBS, NBC and others would tend to agree, not giving it front page treatment.

The fact that it was "reported" isn't relevant to my point. The point is placement. News sources have always determined the weight or gravity of a news item by placement. This was THE lead, TOP story on CNN this morning. WaPo didn't have it as THE top story, but it was one of the top three stories.

By comparison NBC, CBS - nowhere to be found on the FRONT page.

Get it now?