Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
How The Trumps Brought Death And Destruction To Coney Island
The Trumps once forced 900 mostly Black families living in Coney Island out of their homes — here's how the family used taxpayer money to decimate a New York neighborhood

https://youtu.be/r6XCs652VDY
Watched it. Yeah very sad story all around.

Space heaters in old bungalows, which I imagine may well have had cloth wiring yet. Thats terrible.

I never knew of Steeplechase park. Well before my time. From the video it looked like a place that would be a major hit today. The heartless destruction of it was pointless.

I knew of Don's 80s era shady business dealings. Seems he learned from the best. I didnt know much of anything about Fred.

Thanks for the clip.

Maybe its just me but when I was watching it I couldnt help but think, hey that racist looks allot like another racist I know of...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2bbfd7cd-93fe.jpg (66.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (212.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-23-2020, 05:21 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToFindmid View Post
Watched it. Yeah very sad story all around.

Space heaters in old bungalows, which I imagine may well have had cloth wiring yet. Thats terrible.

I never knew of Steeplechase park. Well before my time. From the video it looked like a place that would be a major hit today. The heartless destruction of it was pointless.

I knew of Don's 80s era shady business dealings. Seems he learned from the best. I didnt know much of anything about Fred.

Thanks for the clip.

Maybe its just me but when I was watching it I couldnt help but think, hey that racist looks allot like another racist I know of...
They'd string you up here in Orange county for talking smack about Uncle Walt. Frack him. I remember when they wouldn't let any 'longhairs' in Disneyland. We went to Knott's Berry Farm instead. Best fried chicken outside of Watts in the Southland.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
They'd string you up here in Orange county for talking smack about Uncle Walt. Frack him. I remember when they wouldn't let any 'longhairs' in Disneyland. We went to Knott's Berry Farm instead. Best fried chicken outside of Watts in the Southland.
Ill openly admit I first learned of Walt and his ways thanks to a family guy episode at the age of 19.

The internet was just getting off the ground and deeper knowledge of matters wasnt in ones face as they are today. Let alone the ability to simply look something up in a matter of seconds or minutes.

I can still remember seeing this clip within the episode and thinking, wow Walt Disney was a racist?!? Now FF a couple decades, yeah he had allot of faults it turns out LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHENoO6LgA
Old 06-23-2020, 06:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToFindmid View Post
Ill openly admit I first learned of Walt and his ways thanks to a family guy episode at the age of 19.

The internet was just getting off the ground and deeper knowledge of matters wasnt in ones face as they are today. Let alone the ability to simply look something up in a matter of seconds or minutes.

I can still remember seeing this clip within the episode and thinking, wow Walt Disney was a racist?!? Now FF a couple decades, yeah he had allot of faults it turns out LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHENoO6LgA
It's endemic to American society and culture. We're often just too close to see the benefits we are handed just by being born white in this land.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:27 PM

Republican senators refuse to back Trump’s 'treason' claim against Obama
Accusing the former president of such a crime was overreach, according to lawmakers who normally back Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...n-obama-336097

Even these disgusting slimeballs won't go this low, apparently.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Accusing the former president of such a crime was overreach, according to lawmakers who normally back Trump.

Don't bet your last roll of two-ply on them not folding like a cheap napkin after a series of closed door threats AKA lunch with the commander-in-chief.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:

It's an overreach to think Obama committed ANY crimes while in the WH.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
It's an overreach to think Obama committed ANY crimes while in the WH.
Well, he did cop a smoke on the sly on occasion.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:15 PM

Political Donors Linked to China Won Access to Trump, GOP
Hundreds of thousands of dollars in political donations opened doors in Washington for Chinese nationals with high-level ties

https://www.wsj.com/articles/politic...op-11592925569

Wow. Is Murdoch finally allowing the truth be told in his papers!?
Old 06-24-2020, 08:57 AM

Heather Cox Richardson
June 23, 2020 (Tuesday)

Over all the other stories swirling around us these days looms the terrible toll the novel coronavirus pandemic is taking on America.

Today four doctors, led by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Committee about the pandemic. Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control, said the coronavirus has “brought this nation to its knees.” So far, the United States has had more than 2.3 million confirmed cases and more than 121,000 deaths. With about 4% of the world’s population, the United States has had about 25% of the world’s deaths from Covid-19.

States that reopened before they met the government’s criteria for safely doing so are now seeing spikes in infections. For the past two weeks, at least 18 states have seen increasing numbers of hospitalizations for coronavirus. Texas today hit an all-time high for new Covid-19 cases: 5,489. Governor Greg Abbott asked Texans to stay home if at all possible, and to wear a mask, maintain safe distances from other people, and sanitize hands. Florida has more than 100,000 cases, and scientists from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania who are modeling the spread of the disease say Florida has “all the markings of the next large epicenter of coronavirus transmission.” Arizona, too, is running short of hospital beds.

Trump, who pushed states to reopen out of a desire to restart the faltering economy, has tried to explain away the rising numbers by attributing them to improved testing. At Saturday night’s rally in Tulsa, he said: “Here’s the bad part… when you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people; you’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down, please.”

White House officials dismissed the statement as a joke, but Trump later stood by it. This morning, he tweeted: “Cases are going up in the U.S. because we are testing far more than any other country, and ever expanding. With smaller testing we would show fewer cases!” The administration has declined to extend support for local Covid-19 testing sites around the country. Federal funding for the programs will end on June 30.

In fact, the rising numbers are not attributable simply to more tests. They are attributable to the continuing spread of the virus. While countries in Europe and Asia are on track to contain Covid-19, America has failed to control it so spectacularly that the European Union is considering barring Americans out of fear they will spread the infection to countries that have contained it. Despite talk of a “second wave,” our first wave never ended. The pandemic simply moved from early hot spots like New York City to other regions. To isolate and slow the disease, the U.S. needs increased testing and contact tracing, both of which are still insufficient.

Before Congress today, Fauci warned that “the virus is not going to disappear.” He was responding in part to Trump’s statement to Fox News Channel personality Sean Hannity last week that the coronavirus is “fading away,” as the states reopen. “We are starting up and it’s going to be very, very strong,” the president said. “We’re very close to a vaccine and we’re very close to therapeutics, really good therapeutics. But even without that, I don’t like to talk about that because it’s fading away. It’s going to fade away, but having a vaccine would be really nice and that’s going to happen.”

Trump is eager to move on from the pandemic to reopening the country, downplaying the seriousness of the virus and urging Americans to go back to normal life. That America is suffering so badly with this disease reflects poorly on him and his administration, which lost precious weeks in January and February downplaying the crisis, then got caught short of supplies, then refused to help hard-hit states, then dragged its feet on the testing and contact tracing that will allow us to reopen safely. His popularity dropped during the crisis, especially among the vulnerable elderly voters he needs to hold key states.

The president considers it unfair that people blame him for the nation’s poor response to the pandemic. This morning, he tweeted: “We did a great job on CoronaVirus, including the very early ban on China, Ventilator production, and Testing, which is by far the most, and best, in the World. We saved millions of U.S. lives.! Yet the Fake News refuses to acknowledge this in a positive way. But they do give…. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who is with us in all ways, a very high 72% Approval Rating. So, if he is in charge along with V.P. etc., and with us doing all of these really good things, why doesn’t the Lamestream Media treat us as they should? Answer: Because they are Fake News!”

Steve Schmidt, a longtime Republican strategist and now a founder of the anti-Trump Lincoln Project disagreed. He said in an interview this weekend on MSNBC that Trump has “brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

After the embarrassing rally in Tulsa on Saturday, Trump spoke tonight to an audience of about 3000 students in Phoenix, Arizona, a state where his support is wavering as coronavirus spreads and the economy suffers. The pandemic was a backdrop for the president's speech.

Phoenix’s Democratic mayor pleaded with attendees to protect public health, but like Trump, most of the attendees ignored her and the new local ordinance requiring masks. They stood crowded together at the Dream City megachurch.

Trump made it clear that he is going to campaign for reelection on the idea that he and his supporters are fighting a cultural war for the soul of America. “We’re here today to declare that we will never cave to the left wing and the left-wing intolerance,” he said. He cheered on those “who stand up for America and refuse to kneel to the radical left.”

“They hate our history, they hate our values, and they hate everything we prize as Americans,” he said. “Our country didn’t grow great with them. It grew great with you and your thought process and your ideology. The left-wing mob is trying to demolish our heritage, so they can replace it with a new oppressive regime that they alone control."
Trump told the crowd that “someday” his work on coronavirus testing would “be recognized by history. Someday.” Referring to Covid-19 as “the plague” and the “China flu,” he told the crowd in Arizona, a state experiencing a deadly spike: “It’s going away.”