Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
No, no evidence of meaningful fraud.
Thanks, my friend. Sorry for the pugnacious 'tude but I've worked the polls for years as a volunteer and realize how hard it is to commit voter fraud. Anyone who thinks as -5 does, that people are voting using dead people's ID's or mail in ballots don't understand how the process works. They often refer to ancient historical abuses that just can't happen nowadays. County Recorder's offices are tasked with striking deceased voters from the rolls as they receive death certificates from the coroner.

The security and accounting procedures in place are bullet proof in regards to computerized voting machines out here in California. We poll volunteers have to double and triple check vote tallies before packing up the machines and dropping them off at a collection center.

It's always an fun and interesting experience on election day. We always have a bunch of high school students volunteering and there's us old farts regaling them over past elections. You should try it.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Actually, there are documentaries, how electronic polling station software can be manipulated to change the actual vote anyway they want it to go.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this is being done when they have found manipulated machines.
Look, dummy, this has nothing to do with "Jose the Border Jumper" voting illegally. The problem you describe is one that is perpetrated by political operatives flipping thousands or millions of legally cast votes. Voter ID laws make it easier for them to do that.

Fucking moron!
Old 10-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Well to tell the truth, if someone is so lazy to register I doubt they will go and truely vote. However it's a generated reg. that can be added in for a vote regardless if they did.

You know like all those dead people and convicts that reguraly vote democrat in dem controlled precincts.
Bottom line, you support a political party that fears the will of the people.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Regardless, do you believe Motor Voter will open the system to more fraud.
Nope..
Old 10-11-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Conservatism Thrives on Low Intelligence and Poor Information

http://www.alternet.org/story/154082...or_information
Another quote from the article:

Quote:
But, drawing on a sample size of several thousand, correcting for both education and socioeconomic status, the new study looks embarrassingly robust. Importantly, it shows that prejudice tends not to arise directly from low intelligence but from the conservative ideologies to which people of low intelligence are drawn. Conservative ideology is the "critical pathway" from low intelligence to racism. Those with low cognitive abilities are attracted to "rightwing ideologies that promote coherence and order" and "emphasise the maintenance of the status quo".
We see ample evidence of the validity of this study every day here. Every day. Virtually every right winger we interact with here is demonstrably stupid.

This may really piss some of us off but I'm beyond caring.....

I mean look at this exchange between bobabode and 4-2-7:

Quote:
bobabode: "Righties continually bleat about voter fraud which is more difficult to find than unicorns farting glitter and rainbows."

4-2-7: "Actually, there are documentaries, how electronic polling station software can be manipulated to change the actual vote anyway they want it to go.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this is being done when they have found manipulated machines."
See, the proof of the "rampant voter fraud" by millions of "illegals" is that political operatives with access to electronic voting machines can flip millions of legal votes with a single keystroke.

And then there's this:

Quote:
But what we now see among their parties – however intelligent their guiding spirits may be – is the abandonment of any pretence of high-minded conservatism. On both sides of the Atlantic, conservative strategists have discovered that there is no pool so shallow that several million people won't drown in it. Whether they are promoting the idea that Barack Obama was not born in the US, that man-made climate change is an eco-fascist-communist-anarchist conspiracy, or that the deficit results from the greed of the poor, they now appeal to the basest, stupidest impulses, and find that it does them no harm in the polls.
At present, voters who consider themselves to be conservatives have no idea what, in the political sense, conservative really means any more than they know what liberalism, libertarianism, so************************m or Marxism does. All they "know" is that people, usually with darker skins, are trying to steal their stuff and that commie libruls are trying to help them.

Last edited by Boreas; 10-11-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:22 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Righties continually bleat about voter fraud which is more difficult to find than unicorns farting glitter and rainbows.
Yeah, I can't find much voter fraud, but...

Old 10-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Yeah, I can't find much voter fraud, but...

Didn't they start registering sasquatches up there in the PNW?
Old 10-11-2015, 03:48 PM

I have heard of riding off into the sunset but nothing this dramatic.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:39 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Didn't they start registering sasquatches up there in the PNW?
Yeah, but between Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Harry, and the myriad other names they have, getting a government issued ID is a problem. Forest and woods aren't really adequate addresses either. I do hear once they get all that sorted out, they will be eligible for section 8 and food stamps though.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Yeah, but between Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Harry, and the myriad other names they have, getting a government issued ID is a problem. Forest and woods aren't really adequate addresses either. I do hear once they get all that sorted out, they will be eligible for section 8 and food stamps though.
Don't forget the iPhone......