Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:37 AM

i wasnt making an apology. No need to , Just saying where i got the term from. Before that i had never heard of the term. Yes im a practical newby to the net. i didnt get into it since its infancy that most of yall did. I think it was the gold standard, msnbc that did the interview. But since i dont watch it, i cant say for sure. I just heard a audio of it. Now beofre you say ahah! You listen to music right. And what you hear you take for gold. if it sounds good it must be good.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Admin

Stoned much?
Old 06-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'm guessing they're both. To be a dirty sumbitch seeking slave labor and selling worthless junk to the masses is to be as American as Apple Pie and Chevrolet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
BlueStreak, Sorry to agree with you, , KIdding aside, but that appears to be the american ideal...buy it, it breaks, throw it away and get a new one...They are cheap right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Naw I'm not falling for any such expressed apology. You may ascribe to a theory that the hand who buys a product built by slave labor is blameless and clean because it's cheap? I most certainly don't. Crass is my estimation of your personality.
I was being sarcastic, BTW.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
i wasnt making an apology. No need to , Just saying where i got the term from. Before that i had never heard of the term. Yes im a practical newby to the net. i didnt get into it since its infancy that most of yall did. I think it was the gold standard, msnbc that did the interview. But since i dont watch it, i cant say for sure. I just heard a audio of it. Now beofre you say ahah! You listen to music right. And what you hear you take for gold. if it sounds good it must be good.
How about you simply go and get 1984 on CD and listen to it. Try your local library.
While you are at it get Animal Farm, Lord of the Flys and Fahrenheit 451. Your public library has all of these titles. To Kill a Mockingbird is another.
I think you will find that Pete will admit to reading them although he probably has a Nook or a Kindle.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
How about you simply go and get 1984 on CD and listen to it. Try your local library.
While you are at it get Animal Farm, Lord of the Flys and Fahrenheit 451. Your public library has all of these titles. To Kill a Mockingbird is another.
I think you will find that Pete will admit to reading them although he probably has a Nook or a Kindle.
And Brave New World too.

All of these have been filmed as well. Those mentioned above are available as DVDs since they were originally for theatrical release. Brave New world was a made for TV movie. Very good but it might be hard to find on DVD.

John
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
And Brave New World too.

All of these have been filmed as well. Those mentioned above are available as DVDs since they were originally for theatrical release. Brave New world was a made for TV movie. Very good but it might be hard to find on DVD.

John
Throw in Slaughterhouse Five and Catch 22 while you're at it. Stick with the movie for A Clockwork Orange, however.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Throw in Slaughterhouse Five and Catch 22 while you're at it. Stick with the movie for A Clockwork Orange, however.
I thought the movie pretty much mirrored the book accept for omitting the final chapter.

Both are great IMO.....
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Admin

I'm just trying to get budgie to read but since that appears unlikely a narrated version on CD might suit him. The movies I fear he would dismiss as propaganda. Maybe he's dyslexic and if so narrated versions are a great adjunct to the printed versions. Movie's no matter how well done leave far too much of the story out. IMO
Old 06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
"I wasnt making an apology. No need to, I'm just saying where I got the term from. Before that I had never heard of the term. Yes, I'm practically a newby to the net. I didnt get into it since its infancy like most of y'all did. I think it was the gold standard, msnbc, that did the interview. But since I dont watch it, I cant say for sure. I just heard a audio of it. Now before you say ahah! You listen to music right? And what you hear you take for gold? If it sounds good it must be good?"

Although you are improving your language skills Bud you are still a confusing poster most times. Sorry for the schoolmarmish rewording of your post but take a look at it and try to understand that there isn't much joy in trying to get through to you when you aren't making sense. A little clarity goes a long way. So does a line of bullshit.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
And Brave New World too.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
All excellent suggestions. Although, for some reason I never liked "A Clockwork Orange".

I am an absolute GEEK for Orwell, however. I've even read a lot of his lesser known works like "Shooting an Elephant" and "The Road to Wigan Pier". Great stuff, that will make you think.

A few more movies I'd recommend are "Billion Dollar Brain", (Some of the characters in this film bring to mind characters of today.), the original "Manchurian Candidate" and "Fail Safe".