Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM

Chevy Volt

230 MPG...looks good on paper. Real figures, the best I can tell, are 50 MPG if you drive it anywhere.

Let's cut to the chase. How many watts does it consume while it's recharging...and you're buying watts, brother. Look at your electric bill. What's a new set of batteries cost, and how long do the last? How much is is going to cost to get rid of the old batteries?

At 40K, someone need to ask these questions. Ain't the first time someone's tried to blow smoke up my ass.

Speak out, or forever hold your tongue,

Chas

PS: If you want this "Green" shit to fly, it has to be cost effective. Make it cost effective, and the world will beat a path to your door.

Simple as that.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 PM

From what I've seen it doesn't make sense. Batteries at 18 months, and what about all that Co2 that the coal will make when it's charging. It may be electric, but if you plug it in to a coal plant, it's an external combustion engine in my book. Oh, and while I'm at it, the Chicoms can kiss my ass. I ain't never borrowed a dime from them. (just thought I'd throw that in some where).
Old 08-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
From what I've seen it doesn't make sense. Batteries at 18 months, and what about all that Co2 that the coal will make when it's charging. It may be electric, but if you plug it in to a coal plant, it's an external combustion engine in my book. Oh, and while I'm at it, the Chicoms can kiss my ass. I ain't never borrowed a dime from them. (just thought I'd throw that in some where).
Good post, I can unconditionally agree.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Come on now, I've a set of Dared VP-20's and the Chicoms can produce some quality products if they're so inclined. Bought 'em used, but they are pretty much a TOTL product...left my Fishers and Sansui tubed riggs in the dust.

And cheap as dirt.

We're gonna have to deal with the Chicoms, let's try to do it in a smart manner.

Forgot, the "Iced Tea Defense"...instead of fucking with the Chicoms...we ought to be fucking with our politicians instead.

If you blame the Chicoms, you're looking in the wrong direction.

Chas
Old 08-13-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Good post, I can unconditionally agree.
me too glad we all agree
Old 08-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Come on now, I've a set of Dared VP-20's and the Chicoms can produce some quality products if they're so inclined. Bought 'em used, but they are pretty much a TOTL product...left my Fishers and Sansui tubed riggs in the dust.

And cheap as dirt.

We're gonna have to deal with the Chicoms, let's try to do it in a smart manner.

Forgot, the "Iced Tea Defense"...instead of fucking with the Chicoms...we ought to be fucking with our politicians instead.

If you blame the Chicoms, you're looking in the wrong direction.

Chas
messing with our leaders is also my focus however if we dont keep a watchful eye your next chinese food may be served to you in one of thier prison camps
Old 08-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
It may be electric, but if you plug it in to a coal plant, it's an external combustion engine in my book.
Bravo! :cheers and applause:
Old 08-14-2009, 05:31 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

"At 40K, someone need to ask these questions. Ain't the first time someone's tried to blow smoke up my ass."

Ever wonder where that expression came from?

Last edited by JJIII; 06-16-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
"At 40K, someone need to ask these questions. Ain't the first time someone's tried to blow smoke up my ass."

Ever wonder where that expression came from?
Now that I did not know.

Thanks for the laugh,

Chas
Old 08-21-2009, 09:36 AM

GM has been talking since day 1 about a 10 year/150,000 mile warranty on the battery packs.

Mileage? The first 40 miles are fully electric. After that, the generator kicks in and it keeps charging the pack as long as you have gas in it. Nice part about this technology is that they can swap out the engine and use any technology they want (diesel, biofuel, whatever)as the engine only works as a generator.