Old 04-12-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Let him keep his illusions.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You're right Tom. Hillary's numbers have been remarkably stable for a while.
+13.6 % RCP average.
She's able to hold on to that 13 point lead because millions of Independents who want to vote for Bernie are being shut out of New York's undemocratic closed primary.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:02 PM

That's what you get when the political freedom of a country is controlled by two dominant political parties instead of the people.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Hillary is the frontrunner and all of a sudden the USA is a banana republic with fake elections. Mr Pots, you, to use an apt expression, have gone to pot.
It's not "all of a sudden," it's just being highlighted by her being the frontrunner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
She's able to hold on to that 13 point lead because millions of Independents who want to vote for Bernie are being shut out of New York's undemocratic closed primary.
And like I've said elsewhere, were it not for the closed primaries she would be done.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Hillary is the frontrunner and all of a sudden the USA is a banana republic with fake elections. Mr Pots, you, to use an apt expression, have gone to pot.
Excuse me sir, this could be anyone. Hillary just happens to be who the rich and powerful have picked for us this time around. They have big plans for her.

A banana republic? Maybe not. Fake elections, you betcha.

Last edited by MrPots; 04-12-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Colorado GOP has found a way not to vote.
The GOP there was more honest about it. No point in wasting everyones time with a fake voting.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You guys don't get it. Bernie started to drop in his polls right after his "Hillary is not qualified" speech last week.
At this point I really don't give a rats ass about Bernie. Between gerrymandering, rigged delegates, voting rules designed to prevent people from voting, guarantee outcomes and making it virtually impossible for third parties or independents to run, our electoral system has more parallels with communist countries than the country in which I was born. The rich and powerful write the rules to ensure their puppet rules the country. Just like they write the laws that are turning this country into China.

I'm done with this discussion. I'm upset, I like (most of) you all and I don't' want to alienate ya.

Last edited by MrPots; 04-12-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Persona non grata

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36046269

Quote:
Thousands gathered in Manhattan to hear Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders speak, five days before New Yorkers cast their votes.

"When I look at an unbelievable crowd like this I believe we're going to win here in New York," the Vermont senator said in Washington Square.

Organizers say a crowd of 27,000 heard his key themes of income inequality and Wall Street greed at Wednesday's event.

Quote:
Minority voters will play a key part in New York. Earlier on Wednesday, Mrs Clinton said the country's long struggle with racism had a long way to go, as she appeared on stage with civil rights activist Reverend Al Sharpton.

She attracted an enthusiastic crowd of 1,300 people to a Bronx community centre, where she did not mention Mr Sanders but turned her fire on Republicans Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, whom she accused of dividing America.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Admin

Latest Marist poll shows 57 - 40 with Clinton's lead growing.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016...in-Marist-poll
Old 04-14-2016, 07:19 PM

The debate that's about to start could end up being the most important one yet.