Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:07 PM
Area Man

Hitler and the 2nd Amendment; The Truth

Amid the plethora of rightwing propaganda outlets screaming that American gun control advocates are would be Nazis, I found this interesting article with believable sources;

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcnazimyth.html

It appears Germanys restrictive gun control laws already existed before the rise of the Third Reich in an apparent attempt to keep extremist groups, left and right, from taking over through violent rebellion. As we now know, the NAZI Party did in fact use violence to intimidate voters, regardless. However, having guns would likely have only sped up the process.

In an argument in another forum, I posed the following question;

Could an armed citizenry, through relentless propaganda and fear mongering, be duped into facilitating the establishment of a tyrannical government rather than use their weapons to resist?

Any input?
Old 02-25-2018, 09:48 PM

Fwiw, Jews were systematically deprived of all rights of German citizenship, guns were irrelevant to their political opression.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:20 PM

I've done a fair amount of research into the 2nd Amendment, and the results are reflected in my posts on the subject. There's a vast amount of baseless bullshit related to it that benefits the industry. There's a large middle ground between the extremes of unrestricted universal entitlement and civilian disarmament. The system of allowing all and sundry unlimited arms until they harm or kill someone, then going thru the process of "infringing their 2nd amendment rights" to disarm them is irrational. This should be a privilege with qualifications and responsibilities commensurate with the potential for harm.

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-26-2018 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:21 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Amid the plethora of rightwing propaganda outlets screaming that American gun control advocates are would be Nazis, I found this interesting article with believable sources;

Could an armed citizenry, through relentless propaganda and fear mongering, be duped into facilitating the establishment of a tyrannical government rather than use their weapons to resist?

Any input?
A significant section of white citizenry will believe anything if it is couched in anti - black, anti - brown rhetoric.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Ready

Quote:

It appears Germanys restrictive gun control laws already existed before the rise of the Third Reich in an apparent attempt to keep extremist groups, left and right, from taking over through violent rebellion. As we now know, the NAZI Party did in fact use violence to intimidate voters, regardless. However, having guns would likely have only sped up the process.
Do not forget the Nazi's first bid for power, the 'Beer Hall Putsch.' This was an armed rebellion with the aim of seizing power through a 'march on Berlin,' once they'd secured their base in Munich. They had access to army weapons, so whatever gun control existed was evaded.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:40 AM

The Nazis successful strategy of coming in through the front door via a political appointment with long range detailed planning proved ultimately successful.
View this once-suppressed and lost film to see for yourself how prepared they were a mere few months after Hitler became chancellor.
https://youtu.be/k8oTIwpci44
Old 02-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Area Man

My personal conspiracy theory is that the American right is endearing itself to the uber-patriotic gun-toting he-man in an effort to build an army independent of the Nat'l Guard and full time military. The aim is not to protect our Democratic rights but rather to diminish or destroy them. Think of the bile hurled at voters, unions, environmentalists, etc., etc... Consider that a rising tyrant would need "Great Americans" heavily armed to serve as his "Brownshirts".

Just a theory but, I believe it to be entirely plausible.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Do not forget the Nazi's first bid for power, the 'Beer Hall Putsch.' This was an armed rebellion with the aim of seizing power through a 'march on Berlin,' once they'd secured their base in Munich. They had access to army weapons, so whatever gun control existed was evaded.
That's what prompted my research. The Beer Hall Putsch. Why would Hitler want his followers to be unarmed in the quest for power? Why would he not want his supporters to wield powerful weapons of intimidation? It makes no sense.

This article and others I have found since answer that question.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:58 PM

They are present in the Pentagon and have strong influence in the Armed Forces, which is truely frightening, given that the POTUS is head in the chain of command.
The Pentagon hardheads putting the Excrement in Fraudcasting guy on AFN was imo a calculation to politically subvert the US Armed Forces, and it worked. Most voted for the most unqualified untrustworthy candidate possible.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:15 PM
Ready

Quote:
That's what prompted my research. The Beer Hall Putsch. Why would Hitler want his followers to be unarmed in the quest for power? Why would he not want his supporters to wield powerful weapons of intimidation? It makes no sense.

This article and others I have found since answer that question.
For you or anyone interested in Nazi history, I highly recommend documentary/re-enactment series "Hitler's Circle of Evil" now on Netflix. Despite the lurid title, it's serious history--well-considered in the conclusions and interpretations offered in my opinion. And I've learned details I didn't know.