Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
I've seen people bring their kids to the demonstartions here in DC.. I'm glad to see people bringing their kids up with the idea that it's good to raise your voice.

My father served in the military for 30 years before retiring. He was as right wing as you could get. He believed the spin he was fed all those years. 10 years ago he would have called me stupid and ignorant for joining a protest. The other night he told me he was really proud of me for getting out there and standing shoulder to shoulder with others against the wacked system we have now.

He said that he finally realizes he was protecting the wrong people for all those years, and now he's glad that he understands what's really been going on...

He said don't do anything stupid to get arrested, but if I do for just being there, than that's a good thing to draw attention to the police state this country has become..

WOW!!!! My dad agreeing with civil protesting, and not afraid of his son being arrested for something for the good of the country.. I thought I would see this contry change before I saw him change.
Cool Story. I don't possess the moral gravitas of having served the country for 30 years in the military, but I'm proud of you too, Simi.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Hell, if the Tea Partiers acted up as much as these folks did, some of your leftist commentators would be calling for the National Guard"
Let's take that thought a step further...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtH7vH4yRcY

Yeah... I'm real proud of my country... This guy is spot on...
Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Loyal Opposition

Let's make it simple and limit it to one thing at a time, Whell. Yes or No, did you assert that the mayor directed the protestors to not take their protest beyond the confines of Zuccotto Park?

If yes, do you continue to assert that position?

Regards,

D-Ray

Last edited by d-ray657; 10-11-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Let's make it simple and limit it to one thing at a time, Whell. Yes or No, did you assert that the mayor directed the protestors to not take their protest beyond the confines of Zuccotto Park?

If yes, do you continue to assert that position?

Regards,

D-Ray
I'll make it simple for you. If you want to have a discussion, fine. But this ain't a cross-examination, counselor. Don't treat it like one.

I suggested that the Mayor told the protestors that they could hang out in the park. The article also states that the protestors didn't have a permit for the march, which while not unprecedented, would likely be a potential source of tension. If I failed to make my comments clear, forgive me. You know that I have "trouble with the English language."
Old 10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'll make it simple for you. If you want to have a discussion, fine. But this ain't a cross-examination, counselor. Don't treat it like one.

I suggested that the Mayor told the protestors that they could hang out in the park. The article also states that the protestors didn't have a permit for the march, which while not unprecedented, would likely be a potential source of tension. If I failed to make my comments clear, forgive me. You know that I have "trouble with the English language."
It is difficult to have a discussion without knowing the underlying facts. Perhaps I am wasting bits in cyberspace, because we are looking at two completely different views about what are facts and what are opinions.

BTW, cross-examination is designed to test the veracity of statements and allegations. In law, the adversary process, of which cross-examination is a critical part, is designed to reveal the truth. Lawyers do not redefine facts. They seek to determine whether the definition is accurate in the first place. But then some people want to form their opinion of lawyers based on a few who have abused their positions.

Peace, Out.

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Meanwhile, as Dem legislators and this president stick it to the banking industry, their willing accomplices in the know-nothing press cry outrage over predictable reactions from a business that is attempting to limit the damage from government intervention.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...-That-Fee.aspx
Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Meanwhile, as Dem legislators and this president stick it to the banking industry, their willing accomplices in the know-nothing press cry outrage over predictable reactions from a business that is attempting to limit the damage from government intervention.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...-That-Fee.aspx
I'll consider the source and give the propaganda contained therein as much credence as it deserves. Forgive me if my heart doesn't bleed for poor little "battered Bank of America."

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I'll consider the source and give the propaganda contained therein as much credence as it deserves. Forgive me if my heart doesn't bleed for poor little "battered Bank of America."

Regards,

D-Ray
Maybe your heart will bleed for the employees whose jobs are being impacted by Dodd-Frank.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...929772700.html

Or is the Wall Street Journal another source of "propaganda?"

FYI - the additional regulatory requirements will be particularly difficult for smaller banks. They may be forced to raise their costs to consumers, or, if unable to compete, merge with other banks. Loss of jobs and consumer choice - that's what today/s Democrat party stands for!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Maybe your heart will bleed for the employees whose jobs are being impacted by Dodd-Frank.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...929772700.html

Or is the Wall Street Journal another source of "propaganda?"

FYI - the additional regulatory requirements will be particularly difficult for smaller banks. They may be forced to raise their costs to consumers, or, if unable to compete, merge with other banks. Loss of jobs and consumer choice - that's what today/s Democrat party stands for!
Absolutely. The WSJ and other Murdoch properties are among the biggest purveyors of right wing propaganda.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. The WSJ and other Murdoch properties are among the biggest purveyors of right wing propaganda.

Regards,

D-Ray
I see. So what are "respectable, non-biased" sources of info, in your opinion?