He ain't so bad 3 16.67%
He stinks 12 66.67%
Too early to say 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Hmm, 11+2=12, you must be on Obamas budget team.

Would anyone disagree that Obama got thousands upon thousands of votes from people who had not a clue about the goings on in Washington?
Not quite the sophisticated Palin crowd?

(people who support Palin should not throw stereotypes )
Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Not quite the sophisticated Palin crowd?

(people who support Palin should not throw stereotypes )

Then what do the Kennedy types throw ? Oh yeah, women from bridges
Old 06-27-2009, 10:19 PM

I personally think it's too early to tell.... but things are not promising.

I think that something's really gotta be done with health care, but I really don't want him touching my folks' Medicare Advantage plans. They're affordable and my folks are delighted with them as is. Hands off, Mr. President!

Social Security? IMHO, the payouts are insufficient. And this guy wants to cut payments??

I don't think he should have approved so many corporate bailouts. If a company is a failure, then let it fail. If the company is poorly run, that's not the peoples' fault.

Bank bailouts should also have had much lower payouts, and FAR more transparency. Taxpayers who are financially responsible should not be forced to pay for stupidity and/or greed. Think about it. The guy next door has a bum mortgage, and I have to help him pay? Who's going to help me with MY mortgage?

I think Obama should just say to North Korea, "Look. You want a bomb? Have a bomb. But if you use it against us or one of our allies, we'll turn your country into a radioactive parking lot."
Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Administrator

What gets me is he was so quick to hand out larger checks to these "bail out" banks and financial institutions and these fuckers ain't doing shit with the money. I was under the impression that the money was to be put in play. Not held on to as these imbeciles are doing. Not that I agreed it is was a good plan to begin with but WTF good is the money doing if its sitting in some stupid companies vaults ????

My biggest criticism is why is oblama not making this his top priority instead of passing bills that will tax the shit out of every company still left in the US who will then in turn raise the shit out of everything they sell to us.

Is there a lick of common sense left in todays gov ? Why the hell did I ask that question when I know the answer....
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

What I cannot understand is the idea of regulating derivatives, regulate? hell they should be banned, one of the dumbest effing ideas I have ever heard of. When you want a mortgage go to your bank and stay with them for the life of the mortgage. When I bought a home in Ottawa I got a mortgage from my bank (RBC) and close on the house for $600. When we got the mortgage on this house I wrote a check for $22,000. Title compnies, points, we did not have any of that shit in Canada, probably why the banks there are solvent.

During the life of that mortgage we were with six or seven different companies yet we onlly re negotiated once to lower the interest. At least the 'securitization' done at Freddie and Fanny left the mortgage intact, with the other dumbass idea of 'tranches' who in hell know who, or rather which 16 outfits hold their mortgage.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Many hate to face the truth but we can all thank Clinton for the derivatives mess....
Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Many hate to face the truth but we can all thank Clinton for the derivatives mess....
And Phil Gramm and Robert Reich and a couple of other idiots. When Bill's own Sec of Treasury tells him it was a good idea, there was not much hope of stopping Gramm's half-assed idea.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhound View Post
they certainly contribute. another group that makes WAY too much money. it's a crying shame we live in a country where we have to hire someone to explain the law to us.

however, they seem to be a necessary evil.

are there frivolous law suits? certainly.

are there excessive monetary awards? certainly.

but without the ability to sue, there is nothing to prevent the health care providers from not providing necessary medical treatment or cutting corners in the interest of profit, and nothing to prevent the insurance companies from paying a just and equitable amount.

and if a person is injured in an accident, and is able to be compensated for the cost of treatment, loss of employment, pain and suffering, etc., is that not just capitalism?
Yes...we are Capitalists all the way. Please let me explain...It would be to our advantage (hubby and I) if we had a Gov. health plan...we pay for ours as well as Medicare. But...we do not want the government to dictate to our doctors the path they HAVE to follow to keep us in good health.
We both work six months out of the year to keep our heads above water (not complaining...just explaining) yet...we wish to have the freedom to choose what...where and how. Many seasoned citizens feel the same way.
It appears that the White House healthcare issue has now become...more "Yes we can" than lets get it right.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 PM

I just stopped in to have a look at the poll. It seems as though he still stinks.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
It appears that the White House healthcare issue has now become...more "Yes we can" than lets get it right.
Why do you think that is?