Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Admin

Riding With The King - BB King & Eric Clapton
Old 01-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Jeff Beck, the celebrated guitarist who played with the Yardbirds and led the Jeff Beck Group, has died aged 78, his representative has confirmed. Beck died on Tuesday after “suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis”, the representative confirmed.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...k-dies-aged-78

I may have to watch "Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... Live At Ronnie Scott's."If you haven't seen it, do so (free with ads on numerous services). Truly great. RIP, Mr. Beck.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Jeff Beck, the celebrated guitarist who played with the Yardbirds and led the Jeff Beck Group, has died aged 78, his representative has confirmed. Beck died on Tuesday after “suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis”, the representative confirmed.

I may have to watch "Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... Live At Ronnie Scott's."If you haven't seen it, do so (free with ads on numerous services). Truly great. RIP, Mr. Beck.
Rest in peace, Jeff Beck. We Boomers are dropping like flies.

Think I'll dig out 'Orange' when I get home from the MRI shop.

Last edited by bobabode; 01-11-2023 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Rest in peace, Jeff Beck. We Boomers are dropping like flies.

Think I'll dig out 'Orange' when I get home from the MRI shop.

I just started streaming Live at Ronnie Scott's after having just watched the last episode of Peaky Blinders.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:46 PM
Admin

Time Loves A Hero - Little Feat
Old 01-14-2023, 06:09 PM
Admin

Streetlights - Bonnie Raitt
Old 01-15-2023, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

In the earlier days I couldn't get enough of Jeff Beck. Truth and Beck-Ola (the Rod Stewart years), The Jeff Beck Group (the Max Middleton years), and Blow By Blow and Wired. I never bought another Jeff Beck LP or CD after that. But with the advent of youtube, I found a new and relatively endless resource of being able to watch him play with various other artists, and with various versions of his own band as well as listen to him play. There's so much of him live on youtube, I'm running across stuff that I never knew existed all the time...most recently playing with Billy Gibbons and ZZ Top playing "Rough Boy." Wow. Particularly the Ronnie Scott performances and anything I can find with Vinnie Coaliuta, Jason Rebello, and Tal Wilkenfeld (who makes me fuckin' crazy-I know I'm not the only lecherous geezer around here). Those performances at the 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival are just unbelievable. I never saw him live, but once I had the opportunity to actually watch Jeff Beck play, just listening to him play just didn't make it for me anymore.

So here's one I've always enjoyed, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDNPxkh1DQ

With Imelda May, who also makes me crazy.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 01-15-2023 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2023, 02:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
In the earlier days I couldn't get enough of Jeff Beck. Truth and Beck-Ola (the Rod Stewart years), The Jeff Beck Group (the Max Middleton years), and Blow By Blow and Wired. I never bought another Jeff Beck LP or CD after that. But with the advent of youtube, I found a new and relatively endless resource of being able to watch him play with various other artists, and with various versions of his own band as well as listen to him play. There's so much of him live on youtube, I'm running across stuff that I never knew existed all the time...most recently playing with Billy Gibbons and ZZ Top playing "Rough Boy." Wow. Particularly the Ronnie Scott performances and anything I can find with Vinnie Coaliuta, Jason Rebello, and Tal Wilkenfeld (who makes me fuckin' crazy-I know I'm not the only lecherous geezer around here). Those performances at the 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival are just unbelievable. I never saw him live, but once I had the opportunity to actually watch Jeff Beck play, just listening to him play just didn't make it for me anymore.

So here's one I've always enjoyed, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDNPxkh1DQ

With Imelda May, who also makes me crazy.
The Ronnie Scott gig featured Tal Wilkenfeld, Imelda May and Joss Stone, all fully capable of bringing out the lecherous geezer in me.

Very nice YouTube link. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:17 PM
Banned

One more from Jeff Beck with the kids from Bones UK, "Live In The Dark". One of the best things I've heard in quite a while...

https://youtu.be/QrvfhDQbHHE
Old 01-31-2023, 07:28 PM
Admin

Trio II - Emmy Lou, Linda & Dolly

Goosebumps