Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Of course "you know all the answers".

What it really means is Sean Hammity is scraping the bottom of the barrel for advertisers.

You'd think Pox TV could attract a better grade of client. After all, they're the big Magilla up on Bullshit Mountain.

Maybe all the outright lying and fascistic fabulism is finally catching up with the advertisers? That shit doesn't sell like it used to since the Naranja Nazi got run outta town in January.
Actually Hannity and FoxNews have little say on the advertising in local markets. Each radio station sells local ads. Geniuses like Rush Limbaugh (who were the absolute SAVIOR of AM radio) had such amazing ratings that they were able to sell ads at confiscatory rates. Hannity and others owe their success to the Doctor Of Democracy, Maha Rushie.

If you were getting your news from a source more reliable than THE VIEW or CNN you might have noticed that there weren't ANY ads for "get you out of your timeshare" on the actual FoxNews TV network. It's only in local markets.

In the Orlando area, WDBO AM was the first station to carry Rush's Marconi Award winning show. I was a loyal listener every afternoon when I used to live there. Mostly the ads for that show were from the more upscale companies in Orlando. Often Rush would hype a product himself personally, which means that company was paying premium advertising dollars for his voice.

For a while, there was an FM talk station in Orlando (I forget who, it was so long ago) who had liberal talk show hosts on. Yes, Rush is also responsible for some liberal talking heads having a career, but their ratings weren't so great. I noticed this liberal station was running a lot of ads from local adult entertainment companies, adult book stores, bail bondsmen, stuff like that. Seems like the liberal stations couldn't give the air time away.

If you wonder why ScAIR America (Algore's comically disastrous attempt at creating a bunch of liberal talk shows across the fruited plain) never took off, it's because people aren't buying that bull sheet.

Maybe that's why CNN's ratings are tanking and FoxNew's ratings are through the roof. And forget PMSNBC. I'm amazed that rag is still able to afford air time, their ratings are so piss poor.