Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The answer lies in America's double standard — practiced by both blacks and whites..'

"....

When my white liberal friends believe that education is essential to success and insist on their children doing well in school, they are called good, normal parents. When I, a black man, believe and do the same, I am dismissed as a conservative freak.

My white friends seek to rear their children in crime-free neighborhoods. I want black kids to grow up the same way. For wanting what is normal, I am condemned as a conservative and an enemy of black people.

Liberal whites I know read to their children and grandchildren and take them to museums and other venues of culture. Blacks should do the same for their children. For this belief, I am condemned as conservative.

My white acquaintances enjoy the benefits of nice homes and clean streets. I want the same for blacks. I want blacks to stop destroying their own neighborhoods and slaughtering one another. I want them to become zero-tolerant of crime, a normal sentiment.

Why do whites escape negative judgment for desiring normalcy while I am excoriated as being a conservative? The answer lies in America's double standard — practiced by both blacks and whites — when race and values converge."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011...itical-labels/
Old 04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
"....

When my white liberal friends believe that education is essential to success and insist on their children doing well in school, they are called good, normal parents. When I, a black man, believe and do the same, I am dismissed as a conservative freak./[/url]
Pete. This as far as I got. It's a bogus so the conclusion is apt to be.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
"....

When my white liberal friends believe that education is essential to success and insist on their children doing well in school, they are called good, normal parents. When I, a black man, believe and do the same, I am dismissed as a conservative freak.

My white friends seek to rear their children in crime-free neighborhoods. I want black kids to grow up the same way. For wanting what is normal, I am condemned as a conservative and an enemy of black people.

Liberal whites I know read to their children and grandchildren and take them to museums and other venues of culture. Blacks should do the same for their children. For this belief, I am condemned as conservative.

My white acquaintances enjoy the benefits of nice homes and clean streets. I want the same for blacks. I want blacks to stop destroying their own neighborhoods and slaughtering one another. I want them to become zero-tolerant of crime, a normal sentiment.

Why do whites escape negative judgment for desiring normalcy while I am excoriated as being a conservative? The answer lies in America's double standard — practiced by both blacks and whites — when race and values converge."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011...itical-labels/
OK, now I read the whole thing, God bless.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Yeah, he's really a flaming liberal fruitcake

He's right though. I can't tell you how many times I've heard black folks called Uncle Tom, by otherwise decent people.

Pete
Old 04-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:

He's right though. I can't tell you how many times I've heard black folks called Uncle Tom, by otherwise decent people.

Pete
because they want the best for their children?

I never have heard that, ever.

In fact, the only people I have ever heard called uncle Tom are black folks in politics who have turned they back on their own people in order to incur favor with the white establishment. It's not about adapting values that are know to be healthy but rather about delegitimizing ones own race and the adversities they face.

Your article is as bogus as an article can be. Sorry to say but it's real Whell stuff.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Abby Normal

btw, the guy that wrote it is an ignorant worm.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

Pete
I have not had the experience of being a Black man, so I can't speak to the attitudes the author encounters. I do know that when African American families move into our neighborhood, I welcome the diversity. I'm pretty sure that we live a "normal" life here. We were fortunate to have good public schools in our metro area, and I did choose the location of our house based on the schools. I would not fault anyone of any color for making the same choice. As far as museums - I made the boys go to the Cooperstown with me.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Resident octogenarian

Speaking as a real conservative and not one of those libertarians in drag, why is he so upset? Real conservative want equality for everone regardless of race, colour, sexual orientation or whatever. The Declaration of Independence states 'That all men (meaning mankind) are born equal (meaning in the eyes of society and the law). For our society to think or believe otherwise is a perversion of human decency.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 PM

Pete:

I love it when people open up like that. Old fashion "testifying".

Trust me, anyone who doesn't fit the mold, gets the hammer. If you're black, but you want school choice, --- must be a conservative. The split attitude on education achievement with the black community is distressing -- until you realize, there's a concerted effort to de-emphasize academic acheivement ALL OVER the K--> 12 realm. Black or White. Competition bad. No Summa Cum anything recognition.. Every spud's a winner.

People are waaay too quick to "sort" the left-right thing. This author is a high performing liberal. Completely intellectually functional. That's a lot better than some of the folk who try to sort him as an Uncle Tom. (I'm bad -- Cynthia McKinney just crossed my mind. I should be forever dammed for that..)

I'm pro-choice on damn near everything. Because I trust that people will behave. Kinda like original virtue versus original sin argument.

And speaking of sorting, Condoleeza Rice has a really interesting life path to conservatism. If anyone's interested, I can dig it up..
Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

I think the everybody succeeds thing ends in early grade school. I do know that when they were in the grades where everyone got a participation trophy, the kids still wanted to win. I know my kid even wanted to win the wind sprints - although he ran like a catcher. When I coached basketball in grade school, I found out that the kids became much more focused on a drill when we added an element of competition.

I can only attest to the Shawnee Mission School district, but students most certainly compete academically. They even award an academic letter for a particular level of academic achievement.

Regards,

D-Ray