Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
The only problem Devos had is that the teacher's unions who have the Democrat Party bought and paid for don't like school choice.

Government schools suck in many areas. The same way they suck in this area.
If you moved my property about three miles west it would double in value simply because of the school district.

The reason is simple. The ACLU, that champion of the left, had made the schools uncontrollable.

And, of course the left would have you think that they are all boy scouts and the only reason people avoid the area is because of race.

So, it can't be fixed. The only solution at this point is to let people in the area have a choice.

Of course, this is when you get called racist.

Only problem with that is that blacks won't move here either if they can help it.

Guess they are racist too.
Real estate is governed by three rules, location, location, location, and a good location is mostly defined by the school district your house is in. Or are you one of those that bought a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The schools in our county are among the best, why? Simple we read the manifests of those who want to be elected to the school board and vote for the smart ones
Agreed. The school district here, 90+% of high school graduates enter four degree programs. And believe me, the school district is well policed by the parents.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Real estate is governed by three rules, location, location, location, and a good location is mostly defined by the school district your house is in. Or are you one of those that bought a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise?

Agreed. The school district here, 90+% of high school graduates enter four degree programs. And believe me, the school district is well policed by the parents.
No. I bought the farm next to where I grew up. I have never gone anywhere.

Greensboro and Guilford County merged the school system and the kids on the east side of Greensboro were moved out here because Page and Grimsley, the traditionally rich schools didn't want them.

The problem is the kids coming out of the projects, which is usually the case in Anywhere U.S.A.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 PM

Zero, I would cast blame upon parents before teachers. When teachers are de facto babysitters, social workers, nutrition spe************************ts, first line medical caregivers, and resource officers, it makes it quite hard for them to simply teach.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 02-10-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Zero, I would cast blame upon parents before teachers. When teachers are de facto babysitters, social workers, nutrition spe************************ts, first line medical caregivers, and resource officers, it makes it quite hard for them to simply teach.
Very true.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
The problem is the kids coming out of the projects, which is usually the case in Anywhere U.S.A.
The problem then is the systemic built in racism which is the reason we have kids in the projects in the first place.

Answer this question:

Why in the so called richest first world nation in the world do we have significant pockets where people live in third world shithole conditions and why are the people in these shitholes almost 100% dark skinned?
Old 02-10-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
No. I bought the farm next to where I grew up. I have never gone anywhere.

Greensboro and Guilford County merged the school system and the kids on the east side of Greensboro were moved out here because Page and Grimsley, the traditionally rich schools didn't want them.

I could suggest that you build a wall but chances are you will have to pay for it.

Last edited by Rajoo; 02-10-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The problem then is the systemic built in racism which is the reason we have kids in the projects in the first place.

Answer this question:

Why in the so called richest first world nation in the world do we have significant pockets where people live in third world shithole conditions and why are the people in these shitholes almost 100% dark skinned?
Interestingly enough, I graduated in 1972 with the first wave of integrated classes. We had all grown up together and the whole separate school thing was stupid to start with. Everybody thought there would be all these problems and there just wasn't.

But, that was before the Great Society of LBJ really began to fuck up everything and the government had not yet become the father.

IMO it has everything to do with the disintegration of the family, 70% single mother households, and little else.

Unintended consequences. Only one of the reasons I hate leftys.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:17 PM

The people with the most money live far from where they work, thanks to the car.
La Jolla has great schools but the kids in the places where La Jollans work not so great.
People who can afford cars and long commutes come out ahead.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Interestingly enough, I graduated in 1972 with the first wave of integrated classes. We had all grown up together and the whole separate school thing was stupid to start with. Everybody thought there would be all these problems and there just wasn't.

But, that was before the Great Society of LBJ really began to fuck up everything and the government had not yet become the father.

IMO it has everything to do with the disintegration of the family, 70% single mother households, and little else.

Unintended consequences. Only one of the reasons I hate leftys.
It sounds like hate and anger are controlling factors in your life. Is that what makes someone fall for the right-wing outlook?
Old 02-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
What's interesting is that you appear to actually believe this shit your shoveling.