Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Thanks but although I get the home page nothing I click on brings up the interview. As a matter of fact it does not click. weird!
Finns link works for me. Top is nothing but a splash screen, you scroll down to screens that let you click to select various videos.

If you're no go try a different browser?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Finns link works for me. Top is nothing but a splash screen, you scroll down to screens that let you click to select various videos.

If you're no go try a different browser?
Mucho thanks Don q I am a dumb dumb. I have to scroll down to get to the clickable screens.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Ready

The design sucks there should be a clue as to what to do at the top.

Very interesting videos, though.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
In fact, too much of a miracle to be true. It was a lie, Fascist propaganda. Italian train service was in shambles after WW1 and, when the Fascists took power, they made a big show of their accomplishments, including the myth about the trains. The improvements to rail service in Italy after the war had been substantial but they had been accomplished under the Italian government immediately preceding Mussolini's.

And the trains still didn't run on time.

John
Whether it was Hitler or Mussolini isn't the point.

The point is, you're willing to excuse murder, mayhem, beheadings and rapes because somebody living in some shithole corner of Mosul can flush their toilet since ISIS took over. It's no different from the majority of Germans having been more than happy as pigs in shit to support the sociopaths taking over in Germany in 1933...and the rest of the world finding it convenient to look the other way.

And then you act all surprised and miffed when the children and grandchildren of the holocaust in Israel decide the last thing they're going to do is trust that anybody besides themselves are particularly interested in their survival.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-12-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Ready

It is not fair to claim he's willing to excuse anything. He was just pointing out what is happening, sharing some facts as to what is going on in the territory.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
It is not fair to claim he's willing to excuse anything. He was just pointing out what is happening, sharing some facts as to what is going on in the territory.
Thanks, DQ, but I'm just grateful that he said I was "excusing" beheadings and not "endorsing" them.

John
Old 02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Then let him say it's inexcusable. You and I both know he won't. Since the only people who inexcusably support their murderous leaders are Israeli Jews.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Then let him say it's inexcusable. You and I both know he won't. Since the only people who inexcusably support their murderous leaders are Israeli Jews.
I shouldn't really have to say this because I've already said many times that Daesh's actions are unforgivably barbaric. What I've been saying as well is that Daesh's barbarism mustn't be used as license for us to commit similar acts. That's my beef with you and with Mr. IQ.

John
Old 02-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I shouldn't really have to say this because I've already said many times that Daesh's actions are unforgivably barbaric. What I've been saying as well is that Daesh's barbarism mustn't be used as license for us to commit similar acts. That's my beef with you and with Mr. IQ.

John
So...a similar barbaric act would be...an airstrike? Because if this country decided that the only way to keep ISIS from beheading any more Americans, or anybody else, raping any more little girls, blowing any more innocent civilians to shreds, etc., was to wage a little war on these makers of war...I'm not getting how that's similarly unforgivably barbaric. How's about you 'splain this to me.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Ready

A well-designed strategy that gets the job done in the best way possible, taking care to minimize civilian death, and with some thought for emerging into a less-fucked-up future, is more than OK, it's what's wanted. Airstrikes are pretty sure to be a part of that.

Angry proposals along the lines of 'I want them all dead dead dead, and shut up about the civilians, you effete intellectual, if they get it they deserve it?' Those are different.