Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
"Trump cannot address hatred in country until he addresses hatred in his own heart."

- David Gergen
Same goes for his remaining supporters, who are haters and racists. There can be no other explanation for still supporting the bigot at this point.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Same goes for his remaining supporters, who are haters and racists. There can be no other explanation for still supporting the bigot at this point.
I doubt Trump has lost a single vote. Just because you have been spoon fed the hater, racist, bigot crap does not mean it applies to the average Trump voter or Trump any more than it does to you.

I think Chick is obviously a racist, and she cannot prove that she is not.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
I doubt Trump has lost a single vote. Just because you have been spoon fed the hater, racist, bigot crap does not mean it applies to the average Trump voter or Trump any more than it does to you.
Congratulations on making it all the way through fifth grade! Too bad your education was cut short after that.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Congratulations on making it all the way through fifth grade! Too bad your education was cut short after that.
You are a racist Chicks, and you will never prove to me otherwise.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
You are a racist Chicks, and you will never prove to me otherwise.
You and whell should get together with tiki torches and go protect a hateful statue somewhere.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
You and whell should get together with tiki torches and go protect a hateful statue somewhere.
You should spend you time babbling about racism and never actually do anything for anybody.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Indeed. I remember about 30 years back I was on a business trip in Huntsville, AL and hit up the local happy hour at the Space Center Marriott. Lots of cute big-haired gals with floral print dresses, one of whom approached me to chat. I said I was from Maryland, to which she responded "Ew, I've never met a Yankee I didn't hate." Charming.
OK...maybe 10 years ago we drove down to stay in a condo on Kiawah for a week. We drove down from the outlaws place in Alpharetta, GA. Kiawah is pretty close to Charleston, SC so we drove in there for dinner most nights, and took one of the open air bus tours around town. It was very enjoyable, informative, and interesting in ways we would not have imagined. Our docent was a senior lady, Charleston was her home town, very proud and dignified woman, probably nudging up to 80 years old. At one point she asks the busload how many of us were from "up north". About half the people, including us, of course, raised our hands. To which she replied...

"We just love it that you Yankees come down here to visit our beautiful city. But we don't want any of you to start thinking about actually relocatin' here." She also made a point of letting us know that the old Charleston City Market was not ever a slave market. Yeh, sure.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Rational Anarchist

A buddy of mine, a Tennessean, moved down here over 30 years ago to take a job at TI. The personnel official who was getting him started called him a Yankee.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
A buddy of mine, a Tennessean, moved down here over 30 years ago to take a job at TI. The personnel official who was getting him started called him a Yankee.
When I lived in New Orleans, they considered anyone from north of 1-10 a Yankee.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I did a long term (18 month) project in Nashville, late 80's time frame and a Caucasian employee there told me after we have had a brew or two that I was better than any Yankee he has ever met and that I better stop speaking like a damn Yank.