Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Of course! Open borders.

However it is a combination of many forces.
Leftist idealism.

Corporate desire for the cheapest and most disorganized labor.

Democrats anchoring for a long term voting block.

The end result is topsy-turvy; where the illegal has more pull than the citizen
and the idea of a nation is fluid.
I somewhat disagree. Corporations ideally want to take it off shore from manufacturing to call centers and everything in between. Why deal with the headaches of running an operation?

When that is not feasible, then cheap docile workers are needed.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
If it was a majority of blonde blue eyed white northern European kids here illegally what the outcome would be? Or if their respective group voted republican in general?

I'm conflicted on just what the answer is. But it always comes back to a personal one for me. Grandparents on one side came over from Canada overstayed visa in the early 1900's, had raised nine children here. For years could not go back for fears of never being able to come back to the USA.

The country was and is now a country of immigrants and should continue to be. If someone is a positive productive addition why not let them in?

Barney
The Central Americans have been gaming the system for a long time.

Now they just brazenly dump children at the southern border...Here American tax payers. This is a huge hustle, or rather industry.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I somewhat disagree. Corporations ideally want to take it off shore from manufacturing to call centers and everything in between. Why deal with the headaches of running an operation?

When that is not feasible, then cheap docile workers are needed.
Indeed corporations want a total wipe out. In the mean time the demand for cheap workers, especially those who are not likely to complain, is still great.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Eventually those corporations are going to regret their chase of instant dividend gratification on the back of working folks wages. Soon enough those working folks will no longer be able to afford the products those corporations sell.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Eventually those corporations are going to regret their chase of instant dividend gratification on the back of working folks wages. Soon enough those working folks will no longer be able to afford the products those corporations sell.
Now working folks are often doing two/three jobs to buy the products.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Admin

Quote:

Now they just brazenly dump children at the southern border...Here American tax payers. This is a huge hustle, or rather industry.
Try taping a penny on your tonearm, Don.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Try taping a penny on your tonearm, Don.
We need honest discussions. I would have more respect for pro immigrant lobby if they speak directly. For example: We owe these people because we fucked up their societies with murderous regime changes and death squads.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Now working folks are often doing two/three jobs to buy the products.
Which leads us to our country's gluttonous waste of natural resources.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:

So, a minor is now punished for the sins of the parents? Who may of never known until they reach 18 what happened? Ship them back to country they never knew or may not speak the language or customs.
Do unto others...... A people are judged on how they treat the voiceless and least powerful among them. Let them apply and earn full citizenship. It is gonna happen someday, the GOP is cutting the nose off to spite the face!

Personally I have found leaving the hate and anger behind long ago opens a better place. Hard to do in these Trumpian times....

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 09-07-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
So, a minor is now punished for the sins of the parents? Who may of never known until they reach 18 what happened? Ship them back to country they never knew or may not speak the language or customs.
Do unto others...... A people are judged on how they treat the voiceless and least powerful among them. Let them apply and earn full citizenship. It is gonna happen someday, the GOP is cutting the nose off to spite the face!

Personally I have found leaving the hate and anger behind long ago opens a better place. Hard to do in these Trumpian times....

Barney
Of course we need to show compassion, but we also need to be open and honest as to what is occurring.