in keeping this site going.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Banned

Bwaaaahahahahahaaahahah!!!

Old 09-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Central Americans depress wages in construction industry.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
But, isn't that what anti-union "job creators" want?
Old 09-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
So did Mick's, Polaks, Krauts, and Scots-Irish. They depressed wages in every category. But the gubmint didn't do much to keep them out and we actually celebrated them as the tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free, and of course...they was white. We happily received hundreds of thousands of darkies, of course, but they were sub human and worked for nothing or they got whipped, or worse.

Maybe we can get the descendants of Bill the Butcher's crew to throw rocks at these swarthy Central Americans when they get off the bus.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-05-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
The "job creators" in this country want that, they want cheap offshore subcontractors, and they want more and more technology and robotics that they pay for once.

I think we should be deporting corporate CEO's and upper management people back to the country of their familial origin.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-06-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
...I think we should be deporting corporate CEO's and upper management people back to the country of their familial origin.
THE HAMPTONS (The Borowitz Report)—They don’t pay taxes. They circumvent our laws. They get free stuff from the
government. They are America’s billionaires, and many would like to see them gone.

According to a new survey by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute, the American people hold the nation’s billionaires in lower esteem than ever before, and a majority would like to see new laws enacted to deport them.

“They come here, take thousands of our jobs, and export them overseas,” one respondent said, in an opinion echoed by many others in the survey.

“They are part of a shadow economy that sucks billions of dollars out of the United States every year and puts it in Switzerland and the Caymans,” another said.

Images of hedge-fund managers arriving via helicopter in the Hamptons this summer have only reinforced the impression that authorities have turned a blind eye to their movements.

“Many of these people should be in prison, and the government is looking the other way,” one respondent said.

Stirring even more controversy is the billionaires’ practice of having babies in the United States and using the nation’s porous estate-tax laws to pass down untold wealth to the next generation.

“They should leave and take their children with them,” one respondent said.

Even after it is pointed out to respondents that some billionaires, such as Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, have made significant philanthropic contributions to the world, a majority of those polled stubbornly maintained their negative views of billionaires.“Look, in every group you’re going to have some good ones,” one of the respondents said. “But that doesn’t take away from the fact that the vast majority of these people are destroying this country.”
Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Banned

I've given up on trying to figure out when Andy Borowitz is serious and when he's just fucking around.

I'm assuming you guys know when I'm serious and when I'm fucking around. My post above was dead serious until I went into the deportation thingy.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Of course! Open borders.

However it is a combination of many forces.
Leftist idealism.

Corporate desire for the cheapest and most disorganized labor.

Democrats anchoring for a long term voting block.

The end result is topsy-turvy; where the illegal has more pull than the citizen
and the idea of a nation is fluid.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:22 PM

If it was a majority of blonde blue eyed white northern European kids here illegally what the outcome would be? Or if their respective group voted republican in general?

I'm conflicted on just what the answer is. But it always comes back to a personal one for me. Grandparents on one side came over from Canada overstayed visa in the early 1900's, had raised nine children here. For years could not go back for fears of never being able to come back to the USA.

The country was and is now a country of immigrants and should continue to be. If someone is a positive productive addition why not let them in?

Barney
Old 09-06-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
If it was a majority of blonde blue eyed white northern European kids here illegally what the outcome would be? Or if their respective group voted republican in general?

I'm conflicted on just what the answer is. But it always comes back to a personal one for me. Grandparents on one side came over from Canada overstayed visa in the early 1900's, had raised nine children here. For years could not go back for fears of never being able to come back to the USA.

The country was and is now a country of immigrants and should continue to be. If someone is a positive productive addition why not let them in?

Barney
I tend to agree.