Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Hey, according to the stalwart freinds of the working folk, 250K a year isn't rich

Pete
That's your party trying to claim that and we all know it. Nice try.

Dave
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

What's the dealeo with 'raising taxes on the rich' starting at 251k then? Something about 15k being more than 100k perhaps?

Pete
Old 03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Admin

Having a fleet of Predators at my disposal could be useful!Makes it easy to silence those pesky critics.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Back to the OP.

Anybody who wants the job shouldn't be allowed to have it.

Chas
Old 03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Back to the OP.

Anybody who wants the job shouldn't be allowed to have it.

Chas
+1
Add congress to that sentiment, there's some hope and change I could get behind.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
What's the dealeo with 'raising taxes on the rich' starting at 251k then? Something about 15k being more than 100k perhaps?

Pete
The deal with taxing the rich is that they won't only be taxing the rich...they'll be taxing everyone with two nickles to rub together.

Several cases in point.

Congress passed the AMT, otherwise known as the "millionaires tax" to catch maybe 6-9 wealthy people who got by without paying taxes. Now millions of Americans get hit by it, the vast majority who in no way are millionaires.

Then they fixed the credit cards. My rates effectively doubled, but since I was a "valued and creditworthy customer" (875 rating) they raised my credit limit.

Thanks for nothing, you assholes.

Now that we've fixed healthcare (PPACA), I've yet to talk to anyone who's rates aren't going up significantly, but are having their benefits lowered at the same time.

And for some reason, I think that "taxing the wealthy" will wind up meaning that the government will only seize a larger percentage of any disbursements I should take from my IRA's, etc, while at the same time deflating the value of the limited amount of assets I currently have with their inflationary policies.

Inflation is great if you've lived beyond your means and are asshole deep in dept, but it punishes the frugal and thrifty.

Not only do I not trust the bastards, but I've come to the conclusion that whatever they say means exactly the opposite.

Chas
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Not only do I not trust the bastards, but I've come to the conclusion that whatever they say means exactly the opposite.

Chas
+1. Double that if they start their sentence with "frankly" or "candidly."
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
The deal with taxing the rich is that they won't only be taxing the rich...they'll be taxing everyone with two nickles to rub together.

Several cases in point.

Congress passed the AMT, otherwise known as the "millionaires tax" to catch maybe 6-9 wealthy people who got by without paying taxes. Now millions of Americans get hit by it, the vast majority who in no way are millionaires.

Then they fixed the credit cards. My rates effectively doubled, but since I was a "valued and creditworthy customer" (875 rating) they raised my credit limit.

Thanks for nothing, you assholes.

Now that we've fixed healthcare (PPACA), I've yet to talk to anyone who's rates aren't going up significantly, but are having their benefits lowered at the same time.

And for some reason, I think that "taxing the wealthy" will wind up meaning that the government will only seize a larger percentage of any disbursements I should take from my IRA's, etc, while at the same time deflating the value of the limited amount of assets I currently have with their inflationary policies.

Inflation is great if you've lived beyond your means and are asshole deep in dept, but it punishes the frugal and thrifty.

Chas
So you are saying that since big business will always find a way to go around the intent of legislation we should just throw in the towel and let them run things as they like?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
So you are saying that since big business will always find a way to go around the intent of legislation we should just throw in the towel and let them run things as they like?
No, what I'm saying is that the intent of the legislation is to give them what they want.

Chas
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 AM

Chas, as far as the healthcare issue.... Rates have been increasing and benefits decreasing for over a decade now. This wasn't something that started when Obama came into Office.
The health care system was on the verge of breaking for a long time and then Medicare reform came along and broke it for good. Unbundling services and flip flopping the primary for the medi medis were fatal blows in Medicare reform.