We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Area Man

Impeachment Bill filed.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...S.107.IH%3A%2F

Dave
Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 AM

I actually like the literal spirit of the notion itself, but the LaRouche PAC is the standard bearer for this noble cause, thus, any supporter that goes on record as being one would be at dire risk of never being taken seriously again.

The support of the LaRouche cabal renders it DOA. It is specifically aimed at Obama,(as opposed to addressing presidential powers in general), and, the latest in a litany of wanton lurches for media attention and legitimacy by the old crackpot.

Last edited by neophyte; 03-11-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

So where was this ijit in 2004?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

There hasn't been a formal declaration of war since WWII. Congress has long since abrogated its responsibilities in this area.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Area Man

Exactly. What a ridiculous attempt! Anybody Look at any of the other POS legislation just sitting there, going nowhere? Some of them were pretty (in)famous. Seems once they served their purpose in the media, no one cares anymore. The "Land of Misfit Bills"....

Dave
Old 03-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There hasn't been a formal declaration of war since WWII. Congress has long since abrogated its responsibilities in this area.
Wouldn't that be abrogated their authority?

As bad as it was whenever Shrub invaded Iraq, he managed, by hook or by crook, to get congress to sign off on it.

The military response in Libya was conducted without the approval of congress. I believe that Panetta addressed congress (Sessions) with the response that the military action in Libya was taken on the authority of the UN.

At least I think that is the gist of the matter, and no doubt I could be wrong.

But if I'm right, hasn't the Obama administration not only violated the law of the land, but also subrogated United States law to the will of the UN?

I know, they're all a bunch of Garfields not asking for permission but instead asking for forgiveness...but unlike Shrub, who did ask for permission, the Obama administration just up and did it.

A piss poor precedent if you ask me. Then again I may be incorrect on the particulars.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made in regards to this issue.

Chas
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

There hasn't been a formal declaration of war since WWII. Congress and the Executive have been kinda winging it since then. Reagan attacked Granada, Panama and Libya without any Congressional action whatsoever. Sometimes Congress gives an authorization, sometimes it takes no overt action other than providing funding. FWIW, Congress did fund Libya.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Area Man

Yeah, but Truman and Reagan weren't Obama (or GW Bush to be fair). They didn't have cable "news" channels villifying them 24/7/365. They didn't have a bunch of nutcases seeing "Satan" in every word they speak, move they made, every gesture their wives made. Did either Truman or Reagan have people building their entire careers around smearing them? Any regularly scheduled nightly radio or television programs devoted to explaining to the general public why they were the most evil men on the planet?.................

"What does the "S" in Harry S. Truman stand for anyways? Tonight, I have information that will shock you. Tonight you will learn why the President of the United States won't reveal the truth about his middle name, or the fact that his parents were..........Satanists!"

Yeah, I could just see something like that hitting the airwaves in 1946.......

Dave
Old 03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
?
But if I'm right, hasn't the Obama administration not only violated the law of the land, but also subrogated United States law to the will of the UN?
Chas
Since you brought it up I'm all for subrogating US law and every other members laws to the UN accord. Wasn't that the central reason for creating it in the first place? To bad it got crapped out by the creation of the Security Council and their get outta jail free card. That took the bite out of the Blue Helmets and turned it into just another failed League of Nations.

Yeah, I'm one of those kind of lefties.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Since you brought it up I'm all for subrogating US law and every other members laws to the UN accord. Wasn't that the central reason for creating it in the first place? To bad it got crapped out by the creation of the Security Council and their get outta jail free card. That took the bite out of the Blue Helmets and turned it into just another failed League of Nations.

Yeah, I'm one of those kind of lefties.
Oh, boy. Are you one of those "One World" nutjobs.....

Dave