Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ah I didn't mention I was driving the awesome but much blander 03 Grand Marquis There is a 5% chance I was wrong about that.

Pete
That explains why you had to stop at the gas station.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Since these people think that I am an infidel and would as soon kill me as look at me I really cannot scare up any enthusiam for them. Every interaction we personnally have had with them has been a disaster. If they stay the hell out of my life I will do the same for them.Whenevr someone says muslim an image of a filthy bearded savage screaming at the top of his lungs and shaking a fist in the air is all that comes to mind. Well that. and a man walking down the street with his wife dutifully walking three steps behind him, covered head to toe.
That's about the way I view Islam today. The real problem is that a lot of Islam followers don't show their savage side. They hide and claim peace, yet the tenets of their religion compells them to convert or kill people of other religions and even the non-religious. Being an atheist or agnostic is no protection from Islam. Islam is not only about religion, but absolute subjugation.

Last edited by bhunter; 03-15-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Rob, it bothers me every time I see one of those posts. I certainly have issues with the radicals in Islam - or any religion.
Can you be a Muslim and not be radical? Where is the charity and humbleness in Islam? Can someone that believes in the separation of church and state support Islam?

Quote:
Among the most authoritative books devoted to recounting the conquests are: Ibn Ishaq's (d. 767) Sira ("Life of Muhammad"), the oldest biography of Muhammad; Waqidi's (d. circa. 820) Maghazi ("Military Campaigns [of the Prophet]"); Baladhuri's (d. 892) Futuh al-Buldan ("Conquests of the Nations"); and Tabari's (d.923) multi-volume Tarikh al-Rusul wa al-Muluk, ("History of Prophets and Kings"), which is 40 volumes in the English translation.

Taken together, these accounts (which are primarily based on older accounts — oral and written — tracing back to Muhammad and his successors) provide what was once, and in the Muslim world still is, a famous story: that Allah had perfected religion (Islam) for all humanity; that he commanded his final prophet (Muhammad) and community (Muslims) to spread Islam to the world; and that the latter was/is to accept it either willingly or unwillingly (jihad).

The colorful accounts contained in the Muslim tradition are typified by constant warfare, which normally goes as follows: Muslims go to a new region and offer the inhabitants three choices: 1) submit (i.e., convert) to Islam; 2) live as second-class citizens, or "dhimmis," paying special taxes and accepting several social debilitations; 3) fight to the death.

Centuries later, and partially due to trade, Islam came to be accepted by a few periphery peoples, mostly polytheists and animists, who followed no major religion (e.g., in Indonesia, Somalia), and who currently form the outer fringes of the Islamic world.

Ironically, these exceptions are now portrayed as the rule in America's classrooms: many textbooks suggest or at least imply that most people who converted to Islam did so under no duress, but rather through peaceful contacts with merchants and traders; that they eagerly opted to convert to Islam for the religion's intrinsic appeal, without noting the many debilitations conquered non-Muslims avoided — extra taxes, second-rate social status, enforced humiliation, etc. — by converting to Islam.
http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/ibrahim031212.html

Last edited by bhunter; 03-15-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Can you be a Muslim and not be radical? Where is the charity and humbleness in Islam? Can someone that believes in the separation of church and state support Islam?
Kemal Ataturk.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 PM

look out, there's a jihadist lurking in every shadow, and behind ever tree, scimitar in hand!

(those of you already hopelessly in the clutches of ignorance and paranoid delusion, please disregard this message. you already knew.)
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post

http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/ibrahim031212.html
He had a Irani woman working in our QA department at Federal Mogul. One day she started flirting with me and I told her she had a nice ass. She said, "If I wasn't married, you might get to see more of it."

I think she was just trying to lure me into a hotel room so she could chop my head off.

Dave
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Iran is an enigma imo. The only rally of support for the US in the ME for 9-11 outside of Israel was in Tehran.

Btw, I thought the the Koran said it's OK to lie to unbelievers to advance Islam?

Pete
Old 03-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
He had a Irani woman working in our QA department at Federal Mogul. One day she started flirting with me and I told her she had a nice ass. She said, "If I wasn't married, you might get to see more of it."

I think she was just trying to lure me into a hotel room so she could chop my head off.

Dave
Which one?

Chas
Old 03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Which one?

Chas
The bigger one....So I could still chew and have a place to put my hat.

Dave
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 AM

Lets get back to the roots of the issue. The fact that they do not 'love" us is no surprise. We are an occupying power. We invaded their country. We removed their government from power. We put a government in place of minority Tajiks and Uzbeks and kept the majority Pashtuns from having any say in running the country. These are the same tajiks and Uzbeks who supported Soviet rule that the Pashtuns fought against also. The Soviets had more balls tho, and they killoed something close to 1.5 million people in Afghanistan. Oddly, that didn't work either.

If you want an American example. The China grows some balls and decides that the invasion of Iraq was illegal and that the US was a force for unrest and evil. They invade and defeat the American military, and then put together a coalition government of Hispanics and African Americans, and cut white America out of political power. So everyone here would be shocked that Americans would rise up and attack the Chinese forces helping to keep the peace in America and supporting the government, right?