Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:53 PM

A beautiful day....

I'm going to get this thing right-side up and go for a long ride. It's 78 degrees, sunny and calm today here in my lovely city (Omaha). I find long, solitary bike rides good for forgetting about my problems, (lost my job 3 months ago) and clearing my mind. So, when I get back, I should have the answers to all the worlds problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0013.jpg (63.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Enjoy, epi. It's beautiful here today as well. My wife and I just went for a 7-8 mile hike at Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland. I also just got my mountain bike out for the season just a couple of days back and did a long ride through the woods.

The cherry blossoms are forecast to peak next week down in DC. I think we'll hit that one day along with an Annie Liebowitz exhibit at the Nat'l. Gallery of American Art.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It is the earliest spring I can remember, after the mildest winter too! 38.5 inches this winter, 58 normal. And it melted FAST! Palm trees in Cleveland! :banana:

I'd love to see the cherry blossoms.

Pete
Old 03-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Area Man

I know Cleveland is beautiful in the spring, especially now that global warming has it coming earlier...............................

Just opened all of the windows, let the house air out, here in S.E. Virginia. Clear blue skies, 'bout 75 degrees.

Hey, Epi, that's a sweet ride! I have a Specialized Epic that I used to ride. Rode with the local cycling clubs for about ten years, wore that thing slam out. I'm a try to get back into biking this year, I've put on way too much weight. It's not good.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'm speechless lol. Thanks Dave.

Pete
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

It is 73 degrees and sunny here. Went out and cut down last years Clematis vines, repaired a couple of the fishing line they climb on. Then got out the golf cart and lugged the dead vines down to our dump area. Sp bright ot there I could just about see when I got back inside.

Last evening picked a bunch of daffs and paper whites from the grove, might as well brighten things inside as well. I was down there chasing off the lawn rats. I think I have the racoons trained, the new 6mm pellet gun appears to have gotten their attention.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-14-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Sunny and in the eighties today. Trees are budding along with the Forsythia a sure sign Spring is in the air.

Barney
Old 03-14-2012, 03:30 PM

mighty fine day in SW Colorado, as well. lots of solar radiation, temps near 70 degrees, but due to the frigid ground temps there's still a surprising amount of snow that refuses to melt. Locals tell me to expect rapidly developing snowfall through mid May here, though.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Admin

Mid 70s out here on the left coast, I'm waiting for the ice plant to bloom so I can go kill a halibut.( That's how we know that the big ones are moving in to the shallows.) I'm jonesing for a little mercury in my diet. Tuna isn't cutting it.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM

Beautiful day here in Western New York. Almost hit seventy degrees.
After looking at the garden pond through the window all winter (which was also mild) I decided to neaten up a few German Ivy vines between some stones.
The birds are eager to have the pump work again. They kept returning to the flat stone that supports the waterfall. Amazing how they remember!