Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Sanity? When did you acquire such a taste for luxuries?
When I realized we're rolling out guns like Docs do aspirin to Cro-Magnon idiots who wave them around like metallic phalluses and pretend that they're "men."

Or, was that too direct?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Just ask a policeman how smart that was. You would be surprised how many of the dead have surprised looks on there faces who say similar things to gun holders... "He told to do it"

Luckily for me I do not remember much from the time disarming a purse snacher years ago. Just the adrenalin and everything a blur. But he was trying to shoot just fumbled at a bad time. I still don't know how his arm got hurt to this day.

I have lifetime CCP but so far never felt the need to carry other then when going the range.

Barney
Actually, Barney, at the time I don't think I would have cared at all. It wasn't a tactic to disuade him from shooting me. There are times when my will to go on truly is mighty slim. My saving grace is that I'm too much of an optimist to turn the gun on myself, I keep telling myself tomorrow might be better. It never is, but it's a nice thought. One that keeps me going.

Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Zeke,

I would very much like to know just what your qualifications are, to be determining the probable success or failure of any situation where a firearm was used in defense of a crime. Or for that matter any criminal situation ?

Bill
Old 03-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Zeke,

I would very much like to know just what your qualifications are, to be determining the probable success or failure of any situation where a firearm was used in defense of a crime. Or for that matter any criminal situation ?

Bill
Of course you would.

It's been well documented here, many times. I've been trained by the best and worked in the (Kansas and Missouri) worst.

But here's the rub: that doesn't really matter.

You're trying to create an ad hominem argument (and failing).

Bottom line is that if you introduce lethal force, that it occurs is YOUR responsibility.

If you're a moron -- as I'd surmise that you could be -- it's still the truth.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Of course you would.

It's been well documented here, many times. I've been trained by the best and worked in the (Kansas and Missouri) worst.

But here's the rub: that doesn't really matter.

You're trying to create an ad hominem argument (and failing).

Bottom line is that if you introduce lethal force, that it occurs is YOUR responsibility.

If you're a moron -- as I'd surmise that you could be -- it's still the truth.
this board needs to see this Zeke more often. As humorous as I find it, you're often talking chess to some that think in terms of checkers.

well done.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:42 AM

Big Bill is definitely "IN" the Bill Maher republican bubble!

Oh, let's bomb Iran too!

Oh, and Obama is Muslim!

Oh, and Obama wasn't born in the USA!

Oh, and now their going to beat down my door and take my guns!

Oh, and now their going to beat down my door and take my bible too!

Oh, and the government has set up "death panels" to see who live and dies because of Obamacare!

Oh, and it's ALL Obama's fault that the gas prices are so high!

Drill, baby, drill!

Oh, and Hannity, Limbaugh and Beck always tell the truth and are still my heroes!

Paranoia will desrtroya.......

You know, I've mentioned this before, but republican scare tactics only work for the the dumb, "I'm going to vote republican no matter what", far right anyway. So what are they gaining by even doing it? I guess maybe to make sure they keep that 20% base of idiots?

Indy
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
"Threatening" is nowhere near lethal force and nowhere near justifying a lethal response.

And escalating -- through the introduction of a firearm -- any sort of incident to lethal force is ALWAYS the fault of the person who did it.

In nearly every model offered in this thread, that has been John Q and not the alleged criminal.
I agree with you in some nebulous general sense; however, wouldn't your argument also hold for law enforcement, thus precluding them from even drawing their firearm prior to percieving a firearm threat to themselves? In your view, can a law enforcement officer threatened by a knife use a firearm to remove that threat?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Here it is! Whether libs like it or not guns are a part of life in the US.

Pete

Most of the "libs" I know do own guns.....

Indy
Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent View Post
Big Bill is definitely "IN" the Bill Maher republican bubble!

:

You know, I've mentioned this before, but republican scare tactics only work for the the dumb, "I'm going to vote republican no matter what", far right anyway. So what are they gaining by even doing it? I guess maybe to make sure they keep that 20% base of idiots?
Indy
The only problem with your little list is that a lot of republicans are not in those clever categories. Of course, the democrats want to convince everyone that they are and with the help of the jackass pundits on the right might be successful. The democrats do a much better job at maintaining a common unity of purpose.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
The only problem with your little list is that a lot of republicans are not in those clever categories. Of course, the democrats want to convince everyone that they are and with the help of the jackass pundits on the right might be successful. The democrats do a much better job at maintaining a common unity of purpose.
Okay, then what I'd like to see is just any of the four left in the republican primary "denounce" anything off that list even though they know it's not true.

Won't happen. Hell, they wouldn't even scold Limbaugh for fear of retaliation from his devoted listeners, the 20% base of paranoid idiots.....

Indy