Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
I agree Bob I don't blame the dems when it comes to breaking up private sector unions. Hell my union supported Obama since Romney was against collective bargaining and spoke out against it. My job is only worth my benefits. I could go get a private sector job doing what I do and I'd make much more money at the expensive of losing my benefits so in the end...

Tax payers pay your salary! Speaking like a true politician icenine. Why don't you yell your lucky you have a job too while your at it, I like that one. I'm not too worried about the people who pay my salary, I doubt they are uninsured by the view of their million dollar homes and BMWs. I could never afford to pay the taxes on a house anywhere in the town I work.

During the late 90's people laughed at my job and the lower salaries we made while they were raking it in. Now they are unemployed and wish they had my job which I'm lucky I have.
If you work for a local state or federal goverment your salary is received from taxes, no?
Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
My inquiry wasn't about obamacare being good or not it was what stops someone on the cheap plan from switching to a better plan when they find out they need better insurance due to a condition? I'm just thinking why should anyone take a good plan if you can simply switch it up with a preexisting condition.
Why would you even buy a plan in the first place when you can get away with paying a fine of 1% of income or $95 per adult, whichever is higher Based on preexisting condition clause you can buy a plan after you get sick.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:39 PM

Actually my dept is fully funded from services provided, water and sewer bills. So no we are not technically paid by tax payers. If I was a cop or highway worker I'd agree. Police are not completely funded by taxes either...ever paid a parking or speeding ticket? The only difference is we are never for profit so if we have a surplus beyond our budget it goes into general municipal funds. Many local municipalities are the same way.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Yes... Premiums have been increasing in cost and benefits have been shrinking where I work too. But this has been going on for the last ten years, long before the Affordable Care Act.
Barbara everyone involved in healthcare, insurance, drugs, hospitals have been jacking up prices at 10% or more per year as long as I remember.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Admin

Sounds like Westchester County, Mike. Orange County is much the same except for the abundance of cheap labor just inland in the adjoining congressional district.

All politics is local as some guy once said. Tragically, we outnumber the rich phuckers more and more every day. My best advice is to look to the statehouse elections during the next redistricting in 2020 if anyone really wants to see some change. Otherwise labor will continue to take it in the shorts for the foreseeable future. Public sector employees are the last bastion of hope, imho. Let's see how the rich act when their toilets back up into their McMansions or the trash doesn't get picked up for a month or two.

Private sector unions are dead and it ain't because of the Hoffas in this world.

Check out that new documentary, "Inequality for All".
I saw a preview this past weekend on Moyers and co. and it was an eye opener.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Actually my dept is fully funded from services provided, water and sewer bills. So no we are not technically paid by tax payers. If I was a cop or highway worker I'd agree. Police are not completely funded by taxes either...ever paid a parking or speeding ticket? The only difference is we are never for profit so if we have a surplus beyond our budget it goes into general municipal funds. Many local municipalities are the same way.
So what is wrong with your customers having the same chance of having insurance as you do?
Old 09-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Resident octogenarian

You know when I stop and think about it I am truly sorry to have to say this but people here are really insane. I have a pension with a COLA because I worked for an honest company the is honourable and keeps its word. I had excellent healthcare for $54 per month, plus access to the company's doctors. Now there is no valid reason why you can't have that here so I must conclude there is a streak of insanity running about.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
If you work for a local state or federal goverment your salary is received from taxes, no?
You should hear my scumbag teabagger accountant bro in law. He says government employees don't pay taxes because "technically" their income is derived from taxes. When pressed over dinner at his house he couldn't find a technical explanation when asked. Just to wind him up, I said "We need to bring back Papa Joe, that mofo had the right idea, put a bullet in the ear of these capitalistas and charge the family for the bullet."
For some reason I haven't been invited back to his table... As if I would.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
So what is wrong with your customers having the same chance of having insurance as you do?
You must've missed the part where Mike said he couldn't afford the taxes on those rich assed phuckers McMansions, Robbin.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
We pay the bolded with state gas taxes/fees out here in leftyland, I believe. Could be different in NY state, I dunno.