Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

It seems thhat BofA started foreclosure on a woman's home in Florida because she sent in her payment early. Her congressman finally got it all sorted out, they even paid her legal fees. Now how stupid can you get.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
It seems thhat BofA started foreclosure on a woman's home in Florida because she sent in her payment early. Her congressman finally got it all sorted out, they even paid her legal fees. Now how stupid can you get.
About par for the course, Rob.

And Similar, good on you for being a true American and standing up for what you believe!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 AM

Btw, it is growing so much that it is hitting Toronto today. This could really have legs
Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Btw, it is growing so much that it is hitting Toronto today. This could really have legs
Wasn't the whole thing started in Canada?

Chas
Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
Got my shirt all ready to go.

Nice shirt. Take plenty of pictures for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I call myself a 53%er, cause I pay taxes every year.
You think the other 47% pays zero taxes? What about State, payroll, Social Security , sales and property?

Even if they rent they still pay the property taxes of the landlord. Which is at a higher rate usually because of being commercial property.

Just because someone makes below the cutoff point does not mean zero taxes are being paid. It just means they are struggling more then the others more fortunate.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 10-15-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 AM

I always forget how specific I need to be around the left. I was referring to Federal income taxes. You know, like a form 1040. Taxes you pay for having a job and working.

Wouldn't it be interesting to do a little experiment here where everyone posts how much federal income tax they have paid in the last 5 years. Then we could compare lefties to righties. We know the answer on a national level, and I bet it would hold true here as well.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I always forget how specific I need to be around the left. I was referring to Federal income taxes. You know, like a form 1040. Taxes you pay for having a job and working.

Wouldn't it be interesting to do a little experiment here where everyone posts how much federal income tax they have paid in the last 5 years. Then we could compare lefties to righties. We know the answer on a national level, and I bet it would hold true here as well.
Are you suggesting that the righ pays more tax than the left?

If so do you have some non nut case links to support this?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Nice shirt. Take plenty of pictures for the rest of us.

You think the other 47% pays zero taxes? What about State, payroll, Social Security , sales and property?

Even if they rent they still pay the property taxes of the landlord. Which is at a higher rate usually because of being commercial property.

Just because someone makes below the cutoff point does not mean zero taxes are being paid. It just means they are struggling more then the others more fortunate.

Barney
The idea that 47% pay no tax is insane. 47% have no more to pay. A VERY big differance from not paying any tax.

Let's look at that 47% and see what % of their monies goes to tax (all tax) vs the 53% that "pays tax."

I'll bet the 47% pay a higher % of their income in various taxes than does the 53%.

More distorted slime from the party of slime.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
The idea that 47% pay no tax is insane. 47% have no more to pay. A VERY big differance from not paying any tax.

Let's look at that 47% and see what % of their monies goes to tax (all tax) vs the 53% that "pays tax."

I'll bet the 47% pay a higher % of their income in various taxes than does the 53%.

More distorted slime from the party of slime.
Yeh right, and people getting tax checks back that haven't paid a dime isn't re-distribution either. How did you get off my ignore list anyhow?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

TD I tossed out all those forms as it has been 7 years since I retired at 73. Now the fun part was the Bush gang made me take SS at 65 and the minimum payout on my 401k at 70-1/2. Just imagine when added to my salary and toss in my Bell Canada pension. If I did not pay more taxes to uncle sugar than anyone else here I will be surprised.