Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:39 PM

Rosenstein - "Don't beleive anonymous sources."

Interesting that it takes a representative of the US Justice Dept to remind us that we shouldn't invest in the fake news put out by WaPo.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ces/102907698/

"Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous ‘officials,' particularly when they do not identify the country — let alone the branch or agency of government — with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated," Rosenstein said in a statement that was being circulated on social media.

Rosenstein added that the Department of Justice "has a long-established policy" not to confirm these kinds of allegations.

Although Rosenstein's statement Thursday does not mention any specific story, the warning comes the same day as a Washington Post story citing an anonymous source reported that Mueller was investigating the business dealings of the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Yeah, all that fake news from anonymous sources sure didn't work for Nixon, after all! Keep on wishing, whell!
Old 06-16-2017, 02:00 PM

We should believe Trump. He proved Obama was born in the USA.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Interesting that it takes a representative of the US Justice Dept to remind us that we shouldn't invest in the fake news put out by WaPo...
You're apparently not bright enough to understand what's going on here. Rosenstein's innocuous statement is not stating anything that everyone doesn't know already. The question is why he did so. The apparent (and obvious) reasoning goes as follows:
  1. Trump's minions (Gingrich, Ruddy) say that Trump is considering firing Mueller out of frustration with the "witch hunt" in an effort to pressure Mueller to tow the line.
  2. Leaks come out from allies of Mueller's (and/or people who distrust Trump) saying that Trump is indeed under investigation for obstruction of justice (thereby further inoculating Mueller from Trump (firing him would make Trump's problems worse as Trump is now a target of the investigation)).
  3. Trump reacts to the news of the broadening investigation that by insisting that Rosenstein publicly deny that Trump is under investigation (just as he did with Comey).
  4. Rather than complying with Trump's request to (dishonestly) deny the investigation, Rosenstein releases his innocuous statement rather than completely defying Trump (which clearly doesn't go as far as Trump wanted him to go).
  5. Trump fires off a tweet critical of Rosenstein this morning after seeing that Rosenstein's statement did not exonerate him ("I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!") .
Too bad you're not clever enough to see through Trump's clumsy efforts to undermine/discredit the investigation. Your Dear Leader is in a hole and he keeps digging. It's highly entertaining to watch for those smart enough to understand what it all means. FWIW, all Trump did after all of this attempted subterfuge is confirm that he is under investigation. Dumb ass.

Meanwhile, "The Trump Show" is really starting to get interesting. It's kinda like watching "The Sopranos."

Last edited by finnbow; 06-16-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:23 PM

Some disinformation background from someone with experience.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b01eab7a2d130a
Old 06-16-2017, 02:49 PM

Oh, BTW, whell. I before E, except after C. I believe that applies here, lol.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Admin

Funny how Prez* Orange Gasbag threw AAG Rosenstein under bus and backed over him on Twitter today.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
We should believe Trump. He proved Obama was born in the USA.
I will never understand what would make a billionaire wanting to clearly be the worst president in the history of the USA, and he has some real competition in that too.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're apparently not bright enough to understand what's going on here. Rosenstein's innocuous statement is not stating anything that everyone doesn't know already. The question is why he did so. The apparent (and obvious) reasoning goes as follows:
  1. Trump's minions (Gingrich, Ruddy) say that Trump is considering firing Mueller out of frustration with the "witch hunt."
  2. Leaks come out from allies of Mueller's (and/or people who distrust Trump) saying that Trump is indeed under investigation for obstruction of justice (thereby further inoculating Mueller from Trump (firing him would make Trump's problems worse as Trump is now a target of the investigation)).
  3. Trump reacts to the news of the broadening investigation that by insisting that Rosenstein publicly deny that Trump is under investigation (just as he did with Comey).
  4. Rather than complying with Trump's request to (dishonestly) deny the investigation, Rosenstein releases his innocuous statement rather than completely defying Trump (which clearly doesn't go as far as Trump wanted him to go).
  5. Trump fires off a tweet critical of Rosenstein this morning after seeing that Rosenstein's statement did not exonerate him ("I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!") .
Too bad you're not clever enough to see through Trump's clumsy efforts to undermine/discredit the investigation. Your Dear Leader is in a hole and he keeps digging. It's highly entertaining to watch for those smart enough to understand what it all means. FWIW, all Trump did after all of this attempted subterfuge is confirm that he is under investigation. Dumb ass.

Meanwhile, "The Trump Show" is really starting to get interesting. It's kinda like watching "The Sopranos."
Very well done, Finn, and the Sopranos comparison is the perfect icing on the cake!
Old 06-16-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Interesting that it takes a representative of the US Justice Dept to remind us that we shouldn't invest in the fake news put out by WaPo.
[/I]
Can you give us some examples of 'Fake News' put out by WaPo.
As for quotes from unamed sources, isn't that typical of most legitimate news organizations?