Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And you plan is?

Please be be detailed and specific.

After all, as lord of the realm, it is my self appointed duty to assign busy work for the neanderthals, to be later dismissed at my leisure.

The poor fools will never be able to appreciate the fact that I've already determined myself to be correct. And considering that the narrow minded dullards are incapable of comprehending a simple cartoon, I suspect that they never will.

Sir Chas
I don't need a plan. I'm all for letting folks do as they please when it comes to having children or not. It's between them and their deity the way I see it.

You all are a hoot though. It's such a stretch to ask a guy to let us know what he thinks would work better. To actually get meaningful input rather than one liners and vague generalities.

If you do not have a plan that is fine but just say so. Why is it so hard for anti abortion folks to state a plan to care for all the children that may be born if their will is made to law?

Last edited by Rex E.; 08-08-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling.....
Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Why is it so hard for anti abortion folks to state a plan to care for all the children that may be born if there will is made to law?
Maybe it is so you bring all these unwanted children into the world but paying for foster care makes you cry, then you have to pay for education and more money and more tears, and, after all that, since that their future often sucks they do things that you incarcerate them for, even more money and tears.

Carl
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I don't need a plan. I'm all for letting folks do as they please when it comes to having children or not. It's between them and their deity the way I see it.

You all are a hoot though. It's such a stretch to ask a guy to let us know what he thinks would work better. To actually get meaningful input rather than one liners and vague generalities.

If you do not have a plan that is fine but just say so. Why is it so hard for anti abortion folks to state a plan to care for all the children that may be born if their will is made to law?
I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have a problem with abortion. Abortion and murder are not the same. And society has enough problems without forcing women to give birth to a child which they don't want. We know what the likely result of that will be.

Now my liberal lawyer buddy asked me as to what I though of abortion.

My verbatim response was, "I'll never have one. But if a woman is going to have one, she needs to get it done and not wait until it's hanging half out of her ass."

And his verbatim response, ignoring the laughter, was "And gasping for breath?"

We were on the same page. Perhaps the three of us are on the same page. Who knows.

Chas
Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have a problem with abortion. Abortion and murder are not the same. And society has enough problems without forcing women to give birth to a child which they don't want. We know what the likely result of that will be.

Now my liberal lawyer buddy asked me as to what I though of abortion.

My verbatim response was, "I'll never have one. But if a woman is going to have one, she needs to get it done and not wait until it's hanging half out of her ass."

And his verbatim response, ignoring the laughter, was "And gasping for breath?"

We were on the same page. Perhaps the three of us are on the same page. Who knows.

Chas
We sure are. Thanks for a straight answer without the sarcasm. It's appreciated.

Late term and partial birth are hang ups with me but aside from that as I said before, it's between the mother and her choice of deity.

Last edited by Rex E.; 08-08-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: dang spelling again...lol
Old 08-08-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
We sure are. Thanks for a straight answer without the sarcasm. It's appreciated.

Late term and partial birth are hang ups with me but aside from that as I said before, it's between the mother and her choice of deity if they chose one.
I'm really no different than you.

Chas
Old 08-08-2013, 11:07 PM

I may be different, but I believe life starts at conception. It isn't the child's fault that two people took part in sexual activities without first thinking about the possibility of 18 years of responsibility to follow. I feel that two people should think, first, before hand. Abortion is an easy way out. A True Case Of Rape? In that situation, I can understand a woman not wanting a daily reminder of that day, but that still isn't the kids fault either. Too many people that cannot have kids and are willing to adopt. I'm friends with a couple that adopted four. That being said, I'd prefer the woman not to abort the child, but in a situation of True Rape I wouldn't 'hold it against her' if she could not deal with it Right After It Happened.

Last edited by hillbilly; 08-08-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I'm really no different than you.

Chas
I realize there is not many differences between the two of us. That is why we enjoy butting heads

The straight talk stuff does seem to get us moving forward though.

And as I have said many times, sitting down across a table from one another, common ground is usually found within 20 minutes or so.[
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
So post birth child care is now a straw man?

Interesting.....
WTF. Post number one in this thread is the straw man. If you are changing the topic of the thread, sorry, I missed it.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I may be different, but I believe life starts at conception. It isn't the child's fault that two people took part in sexual activities without first thinking about the possibility of 18 years of responsibility to follow. I feel that two people should think, first, before hand. Abortion is an easy way out. A True Case Of Rape? In that situation, I can understand a woman not wanting a daily reminder of that day, but that still isn't the kids fault either. Too many people that cannot have kids and are willing to adopt. I'm friends with a couple that adopted four. That being said, I'd prefer the woman not to abort the child, but in a situation of True Rape I wouldn't 'hold it against her' if she could not deal with it Right After It Happened.
Why are there so many children waiting to be adopted if this is true? No card being played here at all but there are long waiting lists of folks wanting to adopt white kids. Heck, they go outside this country to get white kids, but what about the rest?

Back on topic now, since you are in the camp that children should be born (accept in the case of rape, maybe), and I could be wrong here but I believe you are also in the no entitlements, end social care camp as well. If this is indeed true, then what is the plan to care for all of these newborns and the people (and even children) that didn't think first?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
WTF. Post number one in this thread is the straw man. If you are changing the topic of the thread, sorry, I missed it.

I suppose I just don't see the straw man in the first post.

What I see in the first post is folks saying babies must be born out of one side of their mouths and that there will be no social net to help said babies, out of the other side of their mouths.

I'm just an ignorant fool though so please draw a few pictures and spell it out for me so I can be on the same page with ya.