Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Another great thing that my old Jewish boss once told me was a story about her Orthodox father when she asked about all the rules and practices of his religion. He said "Peggy, this is what I've chosen for me and what I do. You may chose it for yourself also but always remember, it's not about the trappings"

This is beautiful.

That still resonates with me to this day as if folks could give up the "trappings" we might be able to come together for the common good.
As in "trappings of wealth"? Hah! Good luck with that!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
um....it's only 10% but it is pre tax so.............
I don't work for free, Rex. I'm offering you non partisan representation (Methodist) before the elders. You won't have to the 2 years in some third world country.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Admin

I'll keep your avatar secret.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
As in "trappings of wealth"? Hah! Good luck with that!
No, Dave...he meant the trapping of the religion. Basically saying that for Jew god is the key and not all the ceremony that goes with it.

She was excellent for good "olde worlde" stories. Her father ran a poultry shop in St. Louis. The shop had two apartments, one they lived in the other an African American couple that worked for them lived in. Peggy went to church with the woman once. When they were done she said she turned to her and asked (she was a kid still then but was 73 when relating this story 8 years ago) "Ms Rose, why are you not Jewish" and the reply was "Ms. Peggy, I have problems enough being black let alone Jewish"
Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I don't work for free, Rex. I'm offering you non partisan representation (Methodist) before the elders. You won't have to the 2 years in some third world country.
Still killing my mother that I didn't put in my two years. Especially since I was all for it as a youth in primary.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
i'll keep your avatar secret.
ok...deal!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Area Man

Oh, okay. Threw me off when you said "everyone" or whatever you said.

We had a Jewish family living down the street from us. Ivan and Greta Graniewitz (Not so sure about the spelling.).

Pops and I were putting up outdoor lights when they stopped and Ivan yelled out "Lookin' good, Read-o!", Greta says, "We just love Chistmas." Pop asked, "I thought you two are Jewish." Ivan says "We are. But name a Jewish holiday that comes with all the pretty lights....."

Dave
Old 04-07-2012, 07:57 PM

I learned more about religion managing here little music store in St. Louis then I had the previous 30 years in my life. I'd known very little of the Jewish faith until then (coming from isolated Alaskan coastal and small rural Missouri towns).

Anyway....let's get back to the candidate...even thought the name should never be uttered it appears Nyarlathotep is in the front running for VP choice. The Shaggoth are pleased of this recent update!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM

I like Jews.

Hell, I know 'em all from Moniteau County...both of 'em.

I also know all of the Muzzies from Moniteau County, and I'd like to choke that arrogant sumbitch to death.

Chas
Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I'll keep your avatar secret.
Quote:
ok...deal!
Is that Rex on "Drag Night"?

Dave