Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Of course, a biggie is medical expenses. Depending on your personal situation, premiums, deductables, and co-pays can really mount up. If you're in a fortunate situation, it's mostly covered, but for many, these expenses shoot way up when employer coverage is lost, even if they are on medicare.

Medical expenses are my biggest concern. Husband is disabled and is under constant medical care.

My employee insurance has been great. While we pay a lot in premiums, our co pays are ridiculously low. (A two month stay at UCSF for husband spinal surgery cost $10.00 co pay).

On the other hand, due to health issues, we won't be traveling during retirement and have a simple lifestyle. I hope that balances things out.

Thanks for the insights.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Medical expenses are my biggest concern. Husband is disabled and is under constant medical care.

My employee insurance has been great. While we pay a lot in premiums, our co pays are ridiculously low. (A two month stay at UCSF for husband spinal surgery cost $10.00 co pay).

On the other hand, due to health issues, we won't be traveling during retirement and have a simple lifestyle. I hope that balances things out.

Thanks for the insights.
Hi Barbara,

I don't know if you own your residence but other things to consider will it be the right place. Taking care of my mom taught me to look into the future on living environment. Will the living space accommodate us as we get older? We might be able to climb stairs, enter small doorways and halls, jump in and out of the tub now. Can the house be opened up a bit like expanding bath rooms, widen doorways open up kitchen access. Is the foundation raised that requires stairs to get in and out of the home.

If one would be planing on staying where they'r at and own the property some things can be remodeled while were still working. We can even do some of the work ourselves planning ahead. Goods and services are cheaper today than say in 10-15 years from now.

I was able to keep my mom in her own house and bed till the day she died. That was important to here and I, nobody wants to not be able to go home because of physical limitations.