Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
So, Mike is being his same old hard right and dishonest self. Thanks for the heads-up guys.
More evidence there there's a lack of any interest in independent thought or debate. What a lefty hate factory you preside over here, Bob. You ought to be proud of yourself.

In the meantime, California's budget is showing a surplus only if you ignore the accumulating debt, much like Clinton did in the late 90's. The state is $83 billion in debt and wants to go even deeper. The debate under way in Cali right now isn't about how to pay down it's increasing debt, but how to "spend" the so-called surplus.

Bravo.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

In the meantime, California's budget is showing a surplus only if you ignore the accumulating debt, much like Clinton did in the late 90's. The state is $83 billion in debt and wants to go even deeper. The debate under way in Cali right now isn't about how to pay down it's increasing debt, but how to "spend" the so-called surplus.

Bravo.
Did you even bother to read the article? That's all voter-approved bond debt, for things like schools, roads and water. Jerry, being very fiscally conservative, hasn't authorized the sale of a good portion of those bonds, until the projects are shovel ready, to keep the state's rating high, so that the bonds can be sold at low interest rates.

Basic economic responsibility, great leadership. Meanwhile, you support a moron like Trump, who relies on bankruptcy and Russian money. You're such an idiot.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
More evidence there there's a lack of any interest in independent thought or debate. What a lefty hate factory you preside over here, Bob. You ought to be proud of yourself.

Bravo.
Wow! I'm the Grand Poobah of "Lefty Hate", West Coast Division!
That's some wild shit you're smokin' there, Skip.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Bravo.
"More evidence there there's a lack of any interest in independent thought or debate."?

This coming from the Nunes of Political Chat?

As for debt, how it goes. Sell bonds to borrow, service the debt with tax revenues. Investors are happy and citizens are happy. Infrastructure improves, revenues increase. So where is the problem?

Of course one cannot borrow and concurrently reduce taxes unless you are the GOP.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Ready

Quote:
Umbrage because we dissed CNS? Gosh, hope no one gets confused due to the name similarity with CNN...

Here's a look at the current top page of the site you claim is a worthy contributor to "independent thought and debate." Propaganda and pandering deluxe, I'd say. Like, do I diss you because you don't take delight in the Huff Post?

I really like the "What Trump is doing is nothing short of a miracle" one. And the 'promoting homosexuality' one seems to take the view that there's just a ton wrong with that....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CNS.com top page.jpg (101.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-14-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Umbrage because we dissed CNS? Gosh, hope no one gets confused due to the name similarity with CNN...

Here's a look at the current top page of the site you claim is a worthy contributor to "independent thought and debate." Propaganda and pandering deluxe, I'd say. Like, do I diss you because you don't take delight in the Huff Post?

I really like the "What Trump is doing is nothing short of a miracle" one. And the 'promoting homosexuality' one seems to take the view that there's just a ton wrong with that....

So what? If you don't like this particular news coming from that particular publication, then go read the Monthly Treasury statement. There's a link to it right there in the article.

Or, you can continue to ignore the facts and whine about the source.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Did you even bother to read the article? That's all voter-approved bond debt, for things like schools, roads and water. Jerry, being very fiscally conservative, hasn't authorized the sale of a good portion of those bonds, until the projects are shovel ready, to keep the state's rating high, so that the bonds can be sold at low interest rates.

Basic economic responsibility, great leadership. Meanwhile, you support a moron like Trump, who relies on bankruptcy and Russian money. You're such an idiot.
Yes, I read it. So, please tell me, genius: how is it possible to run a "surplus" when the state has over $83 billion in debt? And those select enlightened sages in the CA legislature don't want to refund it to the tax payers. They don't want to use it to retire the debt. They want to SPEND it.

More Clintonesque budgetary slight of hand, the equivalent of paying your Visa with your Master Card.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:50 AM

You really are as stupid as you seem. Not worth the time.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Yes, I read it. So, please tell me, genius: how is it possible to run a "surplus" when the state has over $83 billion in debt? And those select enlightened sages in the CA legislature don't want to refund it to the tax payers. They don't want to use it to retire the debt. They want to SPEND it.

More Clintonesque budgetary slight of hand, the equivalent of paying your Visa with your Master Card.
You have yet again proven your economic ignorance. It's kinda like saying that if you have a mortgage, you are bankrupt. I hate to break it to you, but annual deficits/surpluses are different than total debt (i.e., you can have an annual operating surplus, but still have debt). Stick to what you understand, though that seems to be precious little.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:08 AM
Ready

Quote:

How to run a surplus.

1. Make sure Revenue in Current Period is greater than Expenses Paid in Current Period.

That's what a surplus is. That's what a surplus has always been, everywhere. Total debt doesn't come into it, only debt payment in period.

You may or may not know it but you are confusing Net Cash Flow and Net Worth. I call this deliberate dishonesty on someone's part....