Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-02-2022, 11:31 PM

Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post

Facts? I don't need no stinkin' facts!
Old 08-02-2022, 11:39 PM

Oh, almost forgot: since you brought it up, both CNN and your favorite paper WaPo both opted to settle the defamation suits with Sandmann. As is typical, the settlement amounts were not disclosed. It's fair to say, however, that the legal counsels for these outlets believed settlement was preferable to going to trial.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:18 AM

There are people who say those even slightly to the left of the conservative Reich-Wing don't want to engage in honest discussion when all they say is they are right and everyone else is wrong. Don't they realize that they are in the minority in America? Do they even care?
Old 08-03-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, almost forgot: since you brought it up, both CNN and your favorite paper WaPo both opted to settle the defamation suits with Sandmann. As is typical, the settlement amounts were not disclosed. It's fair to say, however, that the legal counsels for these outlets believed settlement was preferable to going to trial.
Since you mentioned Sandmann do you mean this Nicholas Sandmann?

Quote:
The United States for the Eastern District of Kentucky dismissed defamation and harassment claims brought by 12 students from Covington Catholic High School (CCH) against CNN, NBC, and The Washington Post.

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-03-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Since you mentioned Sandmann do you mean this Nicholas Sandmann?
That's the one. From the link you posted:

July 27, 2020: Washington Post and Kentucky Teen Reach Undisclosed Settlement

The Washington Post announced on July 24th that it had reached a settlement with the parents of a Kentucky teenager who sued the newspaper last year over its depiction of an encounter between their son and a Native American activist.

January 8, 2020: CNN Settles Defamation Suit With Family of Covington Catholic Teen

CNN has settled a defamation lawsuit brought by the family of a Covington, Kentucky teenager in the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky Northern Division at Covington. Filed in March 2019, the lawsuit originally requested $275 million in damages.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Did you read the CNN story you linked to? It states that there is no indication that the "traitorous bastards" wiped the phones prior to turning them in. So, until the full story about these phones and texts is fully known, I have no idea if the story is important.

See, the difference between you and me is: I don't reflexively assume intentional wrongdoing when reading a story like this. You apparently do. I don't dispute the reporting about "wiped" phones. However:

I believe the practice the that the story refers to is wiping data from the phone's SIM card. While the Feds may have a process for archiving this data before wiping, it's common for companies to wipe the SIM cards of company owned devices before redeploying them or selling them. Same goes for PC's and laptops. It could just be a case of human error that someone wiped the SIM cards on the phones before the data was archived.

Besides, if the devices were wiped, the timeline suggests that they were wiped after Biden's inauguration. Trump's crew was gone by then.
So, you deflect when asked direct questions. Great.

Another question, then - the Obama administration was never even remotely as corrupt as the most corrupt administration in history (hint: the MAGAMoron admin). But hypothetically, would you have been so quick to deflect the questions had these treasonous actions happened then?

Oh, and there are still plenty of holdovers from the MAGAMoron admin holding many a chair. Louis DeJoy comes immediately to mind, but there are hundreds of others that can't be outright fired, including an IG or two. I have zero doubt that these text messages were wiped by them. But you keep on living in your little fantasy world.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
There are people who say those even slightly to the left of the conservative Reich-Wing don't want to engage in honest discussion when all they say is they are right and everyone else is wrong. Don't they realize that they are in the minority in America? Do they even care?
Not sure where you get that info from. According to Gallup, who's been tracking this for years, those who report themselves as "liberal" have never been a majority:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388988/...rates-tie.aspx

Gallup also reports this polling based on issues. On Social issues, more folks reported themselves as moderates, but not by much. There may be a trend toward Americans becoming more moderate or liberal on social issues than conservative. Folks still report themselves as majority conservative on economic issues.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:55 AM

Meanwhile, if you're an honest Repube, who tells the truth about the Crime Boss and his corruption, you're out on your ass. MAGAMorons are obviously incredibly stupid, Whell, but incredibly loyal to their Dear Leader.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...zona-rcna40647
Old 08-03-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
So, you deflect when asked direct questions. Great.
I'm pretty sure I answered your question, and very directly.

>>So, until the full story about these phones and texts is fully known, I have no idea if the story is important.<<

Quote:
Another question, then - the Obama administration was never even remotely as corrupt as the most corrupt administration in history (hint: the MAGAMoron admin). But hypothetically, would you have been so quick to deflect the questions had these treasonous actions happened then?
What "treasonous actions" are you referring to? Specifically, wiping phones? Or something else.

Remember that similar conduct was investigated by the FBI in 2016. But back then, apparently, the standard for bringing charges was so high that "our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past."

Are you now suggesting that this standard should change? If so, why?

Quote:
I have zero doubt that these text messages were wiped by them. But you keep on living in your little fantasy world.
My world is based on evidence that I can see, touch or feel. Your world appears to be governed by "zero doubt" based on your assumptions about other folks' intentions.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Not sure where you get that info from. According to Gallup, who's been tracking this for years, those who report themselves as "liberal" have never been a majority:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388988/...rates-tie.aspx

Gallup also reports this polling based on issues. On Social issues, more folks reported themselves as moderates, but not by much. There may be a trend toward Americans becoming more moderate or liberal on social issues than conservative. Folks still report themselves as majority conservative on economic issues.
I'll spell it out for you whell. R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N-S The Democratic voters are in the majority so that makes Republican voters the minority. Much to the chagrin of the GOP we are still a country of majority rule. Although they are doing their best to change this.