Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yawn. Already addressed this.

Not sure why this matters anyway. You guys have apparently forgotten - likely on purpose - that Dems didn't care much for the ACA early on. The Blue Dogs didn't like it. In the Senate, the Dems had to go buy votes to pass it. Remeber Ben Nelson's Cornhusker kickback? Mary Landreu's Louisiana Purchase? Remember how Po'd the far left was - including folks on this forum - that the ACA fell short of universal healthcare?

Hell, most of you are STILL pissed about that!
You didn't "address" shit. You don't "address" me or anyone else. You state an opinion and you're usually wrong.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You didn't "address" shit. You don't "address" me or anyone else. You state an opinion and you're usually wrong.
Uh huh. Yeah, right.

Then tell me exactly where I'm wrong. With facts and details, rather than grand pronouncements that lack any basis.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Actually Whell you are full of crap as usual. Ryan does not see his Chumpcare plan as some sort of improvement in the delivery of health care. He sees it as a way that the government gets out of taking care of sick people, period. That is why he is scrambling to get Chumpcare shoved down the throat of the American people because he knows it is the only chance he has to get his Ayn Rand agenda passed. And he knows that Pussy Grabber loses all credibility if he can't get sign a bill repealing it

So we are in danger of it actually passing.

But the death spiral lie is just that. Death spiral is an industry term that has three components and the ACA has not met all of them yet. And if it does has problems that is because the GOP has refused to improve or fix deficiencies in the law for the last 7 years.

Oh by the way if you get cancer and need chemotherapy, radiation and surgery just how does a health saving plan work?

Ryan enjoys the idea of destroying the ACA and the safety net so much he probably doesn't mind losing his speakership or not getting re-elected.

I knew this would happen when Trump got elected he would become a tool in Ryan's hand.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...a-death-spiral
Well, gee. Maybe the Dems shouldn't have passed a law that made things worse.

By the way, we've been insured under a high deductible plan with a health savings account. I've got three kids and a wife, two of the kids have ongoing health issues and I had an emergency room visit / admission last summer. To fund our HSA, we simply put the money we save on premiums in the HSA - the High Deductable plan is significantly less per month. After 2 years in this plan, we still have a nice positive balance in our HSA. That's how it works.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well, gee. Maybe the Dems shouldn't have passed a law that made things worse.

By the way, we've been insured under a high deductible plan with a health savings account. I've got three kids and a wife, two of the kids have ongoing health issues and I had an emergency room visit / admission last summer. To fund our HSA, we simply put the money we save on premiums in the HSA - the High Deductable plan is significantly less per month. After 2 years in this plan, we still have a nice positive balance in our HSA. That's how it works.
It is an employer plan right?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The GOP is in a lose-lose situation. Pass a bill that covers fewer people, costs more and gives huge tax breaks to the rich and their rube base will freak out. Don't pass anything and their rube base will also freak out. Just as it should be.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
It is an employer plan right?
Probably............ And he got to keep it.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The GOP is in a lose-lose situation. Pass a bill that covers fewer people, costs more and gives huge tax breaks to the rich and their rube base will freak out. Don't pass anything and their rube base will also freak out. Just as it should be.
Probably not. You're forgetting that they have been brainwashed to believe that rich people are oppressed and it's poor people and the working class that are oppressing them. They've also been led to believe that if you lack for something, it's never anyones "fault" but yours. The GOP can pass a bill just as you described and their tightly mind controlled base will applaud it.

Imagine the stupidity of someone who actively supports something that most greatly benefits people who don't need the money at all, people whose income is already hundreds or thousands of times larger than their own. And they will support it at the expense of the least fortunate among us.

That's your average Republican stooge.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Probably not. You're forgetting that they have been brainwashed to believe that rich people are oppressed and it's poor people and the working class that are oppressing them. They've also been led to believe that if you lack for something, it's never anyones "fault" but yours. The GOP can pass a bill just as you described and their tightly mind controlled base will applaud it.

Imagine the stupidity of someone who actively supports something that most greatly benefits people who don't need the money at all, people whose income is already hundreds or thousands of times larger than their own. And they will support it at the expense of the least fortunate among us.

That's your average Republican stooge.
What you say is true for those with employer-provided health insurance. They could care less about those on individual plans - they got theirs. Poor folks on expanded Medicare will catch on pretty quickly that they've been hosed though. OTOH, admitting to yourself that you enthusiastically supported the biggest grifter in American political history will be difficult.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-11-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:11 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...91c1mj1jxajor&

Here is what Ryan is really up to: big tax cuts for the wealthy.
Quoted from the article in the link above:

So in the end, it’s not that Paul Ryan doesn’t understand health insurance. And it’s not that he doesn’t understand math well enough to know that the numbers don’t add up to a sufficient “replacement” for Obamacare. That’s because what Ryan is “repealing” and “replacing” isn’t a health care bill ― he’s swapping out the moral universe that gave birth to the Affordable Care Act with the one that he prefers. One in which the state rewards affluence and punishes those who fail to achieve it. One in which the very notion of redistributing money from the well-off to the poor for the purpose of health care provision is a mortal sin. Properly reconfiguring the universe along these moral guidelines is, to Ryan’s mind, an “act of mercy.”

Really, there is only one demand that I would make of Paul Ryan ― one that would also be an “act of mercy,” because it would preclude the need for me to write about him ever again. He could, at long last, simply start being honest about all of this.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Ready

Might makes right.
Might = power.
Money = power.
Money makes right.