Old 03-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Persona non grata

Trump signs two STEM laws aimed at boosting careers for women in technology

OK Trump haters.

Tell me what's wrong about this.

I know you can do it.

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news...men-technology

Quote:
President Donald Trump has signed two laws aimed at encouraging women to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and entrepreneurship careers: the Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act and the INSPIRE Act.

The Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act authorizes the National Science Foundation to support entrepreneurial programs aimed at women.

The topic of women in technology has inched to the forefront over the past few years -- and that includes the health IT realm.

While women account for about 47 percent of the workforce in the U.S., however, they make up only 25.6 percent of computer and math occupations, and 15.4 percent of architecture and engineering occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Women earn 18 percent of computer science degrees.

“Today only one in four women who gets a STEM degree is working in a STEM job, which is not fair and it’s not even smart that people are not taking advantage of it,” Trump said. “It’s unacceptable that we have so many American women who have these degrees yet are not being employed in these industries. I think that’s going to change and it’s going to change very rapidly.”

Last edited by Tom Joad; 03-04-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It may be hard to implement if he drastically cuts funding for the NSF. Let's judge him on what he accomplishes, not about what he talks about accomplishing.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:24 AM

For whatever reason, very very few women enter these fields of education. So I say it's simply fluff. And Trump has not shown nothing yet.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
For whatever reason, very very few women enter these fields of education. So I say it's simply fluff. And Trump has not shown nothing yet.
The reason women don't pursue careers in these fields is because we're stopping them. Trump is showing his feminist side.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
For whatever reason, very very few women enter these fields of education.
You're right.

They go into girly fields like nursing, elementary school teaching and social work.

Dudes that go into those lines of work are fags.

See. I get so disgusted by you knee jerk Trump haters that I just feel COMPELLED to troll.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 03-04-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:16 AM

You know, TJ....you were just as bad hating on Hilary during the election. You never missed an opportunity to respond in that knee jerk fashion, referring to her in derogatory terms and spreading the hate.

I know you will have some snarky reply. It galls you that a female can call you out on your shortcomings.

Snark away......
Old 03-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
You know, TJ....you were just as bad hating on Hilary during the election. You never missed an opportunity to respond in that knee jerk fashion, referring to her in derogatory terms and spreading the hate.

I know you will have some snarky reply. It galls you that a female can call you out on your shortcomings.

Snark away......
I readily admit that I hate her.

You won't find me lying about it like you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Not hate.... Just reality. But I understand why you have a hard time telling the difference.

There is no reason why anyone should support an elected official who is an admitted sexual predator, who lies constantly, buddies up with our enemies, insults our allies and who won't own up to his mistakes.

Some of us just aren't as gullible as you, TJ.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I readily admit that I hate her.

You won't find me lying about it like you do.

I never lied.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Ready

Look inside, at your fantasies. That's what tells the tale. If you find yourself having fantasies of bloody violence to the target, it's hate.

Just informed dislike of Trump, in my case. Convinced and committed dislike, dislike of great largeness, but I don't catch myself thinking of making parts of him into bloody pulp....
Old 03-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Because of the attitudes of men here. When I was in Data Processing at Bell Canada the staff was 50/50 male/female as was management. The women were just as competent in programming as the men, if not slightly better. I think it was about that time I became a feminist, though I really had not thought much about it before.

Here we gratuitously waste half (or more) of our brainpower. And God help the ladies with Pence on the job. His ideas of women's place in the world pre-date Noah's Ark.