Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Does that, in your opinion, provide justification for a state governor to unilaterally suspend a constitutional right?
Yes, she does. There are too many people walking around strapped and it's become an epidemic in Albuquerque.

Wait, aren't all you rootin' tooting rightwingers all for states rights ala the 10th? No?

I'm getting a whiff of rank hypocrisy here, must be Whell.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:45 PM

‘Well, Son of a B*tch!’ House Republican Rages At Reporter Who Asked For Evidence Against Joe Biden
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/we...nst-joe-biden/

This rancid piece of garbage Repube is your kinda guy, right Whell? F’ing moron.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Proven wrong, once again you move the goalposts. I responded to you using the NM example as an illustrative example that "Dems look at the Constitution as a suggestion" by saying that neither open or concealed carry are adjudicated constitutional rights.

And is was indeed a lame attempt of whataboutism to use this example to counter my assertion that Trump's GOP no longer supports democracy (for which shitloads of evidence has been revealed in Congressional, Federal and State investigations, mostly from the mouths of Republicans).
More BS, because that isn't even the phrase you quoted when you responded. Damn, you even lie to yourself if you think it will prove a point.

But let's take your comment at face value. I raised the New Mexico example in response to your comments about Dems who value freedom and democracy. Historically, you contrast this with Repub's support for autocracy.

What is democratic about a governor subverting the law with a bogus declaration of emergency? What is democratic about suspending a consitutional right? You want to dance on the head of a pin and suggest that "neither open or concealed carry are adjudicated constitutional rights.". The problem with that statement is obvious: these were absolutely rights in Nevada before the governor acted unilaterally, against the will of the people via their elected representatives.

For someone who states they hate autocracy, not sure why you're defending this.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Yes, she does. There are too many people walking around strapped and it's become an epidemic in Albuquerque.

Wait, aren't all you rootin' tooting rightwingers all for states rights ala the 10th? No?

I'm getting a whiff of rank hypocrisy here, must be Whell.
OK. So the only practical and least restrictive course of action if for the governor to curtail the rights of everyone in that country because a subset of the citizens can't behave themselves?
Old 09-12-2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:
OK. So the only practical and least restrictive course of action if for the governor to curtail the rights of everyone in that country because a subset of the citizens can't behave themselves?
Your typical stupid, meaningless response. Congrats!

The real answer, of course, is to get unbiased judges into SCOTUS, who won't grotesquely misinterpret an amendment about a "well-regulated militia". It will take a while, but the electorate is, thankfully, changing for the better.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:15 PM
Admin

What he said^^^^
Old 09-12-2023, 07:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
More BS, because that isn't even the phrase you quoted when you responded. Damn, you even lie to yourself if you think it will prove a point.

But let's take your comment at face value. I raised the New Mexico example in response to your comments about Dems who value freedom and democracy. Historically, you contrast this with Repub's support for autocracy.

What is democratic about a governor subverting the law with a bogus declaration of emergency? What is democratic about suspending a consitutional right? You want to dance on the head of a pin and suggest that "neither open or concealed carry are adjudicated constitutional rights.". The problem with that statement is obvious: these were absolutely rights in Nevada before the governor acted unilaterally, against the will of the people via their elected representatives.

The simple fact remains that open and concealed carry are not adjudicated constitutional rights as you asserted. What the Governor is doing or attempting to do is a state issue and will be adjudicated in state courts and is, accordingly, none of your fucking business.

And for the record, lots of Democrats have spoken out against her. Me? I don't give a shit one way or the other what they do in NM, although I find open-carry mostly a lame attempt by insecure dickweeds to intimidate others (and I've been a gun owner, sports shooter and hunter for over 50 years).
Old 09-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Admin

Quote:

You've been watching too much Glen Beck, pal. Do you have a chalkboard set up in the basement?
Old 09-13-2023, 08:56 PM

Analysis reveals why Trump and Putin 'started reading from the same script' on 2024 messaging
https://www.alternet.org/amp/trump-p...292-2665327292

Whell’s World and Pootin’s World; is there any difference?
Old 09-13-2023, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
He made no such assertion. There are plenty of people in jail for doing far less with classified materials and obstructing their recovery.

https://www.wsj.com/world/russia/put...ution-1736c591
Thank you, I was indeed referring to the Snowdens though he himself absconded.