Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Sorry Pete/Merrylander. That last post of mine was gettin' edited when you guyz posted. Not a response to your comments, but to provide links and verbage to my assertions.. BTW: last quote in post above in WashingtonPost.com

I know MerryLander. Don't need fancy math modeled derivatives up in the great white north. Just a snowmobile, a hammer and something to catch the maple syrup in...

Note to Pete:
Fannie --vacuum cleaner -- KY-- something something.. I think we got it covered boys..

Last edited by flacaltenn; 05-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Loyal Opposition

Pete,

What you call "reforms" I call attacks on working people. If they were reforming, they would be doing away with corporate welfare in the form of property tax abatements, the new business tax cuts governor buster gave away before he stripped union rights, the cow-towing to the chamber of commerce and the Kock brothers. That is reform, not balancing the budget on the backs of working people.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Pete,

What you call "reforms" I call attacks on working people. If they were reforming, they would be doing away with corporate welfare in the form of property tax abatements, the new business tax cuts governor buster gave away before he stripped union rights, the cow-towing to the chamber of commerce and the Kock brothers. That is reform, not balancing the budget on the backs of working people.

Regards,

D-Ray
For once, I got all long winded, and YOU simplified what I was trying to say.

I think it's sad and pathetic that the only thing we can come up with to solve our problems is to plunder it from our working people and our retirees. I don't call it "reform" either. I call it "financial cannibalism". Class warfare disguised as "reform". And it stands as a glaring manifestation of the ugliness that now infects our national character like a spreading cancer.

To my mind it makes no difference whether you raise my taxes, or cut my compensation. You are still forcing me to give up something that I work for, and demanding that I continue working just as hard, if not harder. Either way, you are taking something that does not belong to you and demanding something that you are no longer paying for.

Dave
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
For once, I got all long winded, and YOU simplified what I was trying to say.

Dave
Don't be so shocked.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Don't be so shocked.

Regards,

D-Ray
Ahhhhh, so your learning the fine art of "bluntness"?

Dave
Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Sorry Pete/Merrylander. That last post of mine was gettin' edited when you guyz posted. Not a response to your comments, but to provide links and verbage to my assertions.. BTW: last quote in post above in WashingtonPost.com

I know MerryLander. Don't need fancy math modeled derivatives up in the great white north. Just a snowmobile, a hammer and something to catch the maple syrup in...
You will note that home ownership as a percentage of population is marginally higher in Canada than here. Also note that because derivatives and other such financial voodoo are anathema there, no Canadian banks had to be bailed out. In fact have you ever wondered what the TD in TD Ameritrade stands for.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ohio is a good example of reform at the State level. You might disagree how he's doing it, but Gov. Kasich is doing SOMETHING about our 8 billion deficit and job hemmoraging (second only to Michigan). All former Gov. Strickland did was smoke and mirrors, one time money, cleaning out every last reserve to maintian the status quo.

To the Dems I say, where's the beef? Come up with something. Anything. Not one time shots, it appears that just about everyone agrees these are structual problems.

The left is allowing the right to define the solutions. I think it's because they're backed in a corner.

Pete

PS I'll bite Rob What's TD stand for?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ohio is a good example of reform at the State level. You might disagree how he's doing it, but Gov. Kasich is doing SOMETHING about our 8 billion deficit and job hemmoraging (second only to Michigan). All former Gov. Strickland did was smoke and mirrors, one time money, cleaning out every last reserve to maintian the status quo.

To the Dems I say, where's the beef? Come up with something. Anything. Not one time shots, it appears that just about everyone agrees these are structual problems.

O'Malley is doing a pretty good job here in Maryland without all the union bashing.

The left is allowing the right to define the solutions. I think it's because they're backed in a corner.

Pete

PS I'll bite Rob What's TD stand for?
Toronto Dominion, one of the large Canadian banks. You may also see the initials RBC (Royal Bank of Canada, my bank) showing up in some of the financial buyouts.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM

I use TD Bank. Amazing customer service, long hours, open on Sundays, and virtually no fees. I don't think there's an American bank that comes remotely close.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Resident octogenarian

I'll give an example, I had written a check on my RBC account when I discovered that a $CDN funds check I had sent them had not been deposited. I had Bof A wire $200 up to cover the missing funds - cost me $40. RBC discovered where my deposit had gone astray, they not only corrected it but put an extra $100 in my account as an apology.