Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Jigsawed

Linda Sanchez: Time for Pelosi and old leaders to step down.

Linda Sanchez, Democratic congresswoman, boldly call on Pelosi and the old guards to step down. She says it is time for new blood.

I am not certain how well this call will be received in this time of Trump.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html
Old 10-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Area Man

I believe that the old guard, Pelosi, HRC, and so many of the others are lost in the past, still fighting old battles that newer generations of voters neither understand nor care about. You won't get far preaching 40+ year old issues at people who were born in the '90s.

What the Democratic Party needs is someone who can effectively communicate WHY so many people must work multiple jobs, WHY so many manufacturing jobs moved overseas and why it's unlikely that we'll ever see a return of the "glory days" of gigantic factories that employ thousands of low skilled people at high wages. WHY WE NEED TO GET AND STAY FOCUSED ON THE FUTURE AND LET THE PAST GO. They should be exposing how whack-o conspiracy theorists and bible-thumper zealots are controlling the narrative over on the other side of the isle. (I recently hung out on a right wing chat room and read hundreds of hilarious posts on "What is God trying to tell Conservatives with all these Hurricanes?". Oy, Oy, Oy......)

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-06-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Ready

If one indeed thinks God is meddling with the weather, and otherwise intervening big time in all sorts of things going on, then there are no end of events to interpret. My own feeling is that God would have a lot of explaining to do.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:03 AM

If the one party has a fearful, bigoted, nationalist, isolationist old male that promises to return America to its former greatness, it might be a good idea to get some new blood that represents a shift toward the antithesis of the first party.

Votes are what counts. Nothing drives votes like a charismatic party of change, inclusion, compassion, and hope; not the same old repackaged drivel spouted by people more worried about whether drool is running down their cheek.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I believe that the old guard, Pelosi, HRC, and so many of the others are lost in the past, still fighting old battles that newer generations of voters neither understand nor care about. You won't get far preaching 40+ year old issues at people who were born in the '90s.

What the Democratic Party needs is someone who can effectively communicate WHY so many people must work multiple jobs, WHY so many manufacturing jobs moved overseas and why it's unlikely that we'll ever see a return of the "glory days" of gigantic factories that employ thousands of low skilled people at high wages. WHY WE NEED TO GET AND STAY FOCUSED ON THE FUTURE AND LET THE PAST GO. They should be exposing how whack-o conspiracy theorists and bible-thumper zealots are controlling the narrative over on the other side of the isle. (I recently hung out on a right wing chat room and read hundreds of hilarious posts on "What is God trying to tell Conservatives with all these Hurricanes?". Oy, Oy, Oy......)
I have to admit that I am one of those who was geared up on the past but have come slowly to your conclusion that it is time to let go; that the new paradigm is too powerful, too pervasive and if a worker does not adjust quickly he/she will be swept under.

'How to survive in the gig economy' is the now theme for the youngsters.

What was also galling to me was the tremendous change in the pension experience. I discovered I was really fortunate to receive a private pension.

Got a big laugh from "What is God .....all these hurricanes?".

BTW Linda Sanchez is bold.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-06-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM

Voters should realize that change is inevitable and embrace it instead of being afraid of it. And not all change will be good, some bad always comes with the good.

Pelosi, Hillary, Schumer are hurting the Democratic in multiple ways. To begin with they have no ideas, not trustworthy, cannot connect with the younger generation and occupying seats and space with no hope whatsoever for the country and it's peopled. They are nothing but yesterday and unprepared for tomorrow. What will another 12 months of bad mouthing Trump get them?

We really need to have a retirement age for members of House and Senate.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
If the one party has a fearful, bigoted, nationalist, isolationist old male that promises to return America to its former greatness, it might be a good idea to get some new blood that represents a shift toward the antithesis of the first party.

Votes are what counts. Nothing drives votes like a charismatic party of change, inclusion, compassion, and hope; not the same old repackaged drivel spouted by people more worried about whether drool is running down their cheek.
Ouch! Not so very kind with the drool business. I am in the drool age.

I believe the 'sure thing" Clinton candidate hindered, put a damper on relatively young energetic Democrats seeking leadership.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Jigsawed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Sanchez
Old 10-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Banned

http://politicalchat.org/showpost.ph...42&postcount=7

When polled 90% of Americans regularly bleat that the Congress should be cleared out and we should start over with all new people. But when polled if that includes their US House rep, over 70% say, "Oh no! Not my rep...I love my rep!!!"

Americans have the country they deserve.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-06-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:26 PM

....and that would be chaotic.

We need people who have been active in politics long enough to understand how things work. Proof of that is the current president.
What we really need to do is have honest people with integrity who understand how government works and a mechanism to hold them accountable.