Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
The unfortunate thing is that the point of the protests is getting lost in the patriotic smokescreen.
They are probably a better response than vigilante retaliation against the LEOs that abuse their authority and those that condone and excuse such acts and actors. Mebbe that direct approach would be more appropriate than disturbing the slumber of those unaffected that couldn't care less.
Like Trump, perhaps?

Police leaders across the country moved quickly to distance themselves from — or to outright condemn — President Trump’s statements about “roughing up” people who’ve been arrested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ice-brutality/

What Whell is having a hard time grasping is that these athletes are protesting against his Dear Leader, a man he still admires, and Americans who think, act and talk like Trump. It must suck to know that a majority of Americans find his Dear Leader unfit for office. Some heavy cognitive dissonance going on - with every breath he claims not to be defending Trump as he reflexively defends Trump.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-02-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:06 AM

The bully cops sully an honorable profession, wholesale condemnation is as inappropriate as wholesale condemnation of Islam for the radical terrorists.
Working with LEOs and the people they serve and protect for community cooperative policing and mentoring is a far better response, listen and learn. That's what the protests are about.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:08 AM

Let's get real, Trump's criticism of the NFL and it's players, mayor of San Juan etc. is for deflection from his own incompetence and Mueller's investigation, which he can do nothing about. Behind all the noise, his circle of influence is getting smaller. Even Bannon is now licking his chops and the GOP is getting more and more splintered with whack jobs like Ray Moore, and perhaps more to come.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
First, you suggested that the players were misbehaving employees, then you stated that Trump was simply saying what the fans were thinking, and then you defended his call for the players to be fired. So you were parroting and defending. Now you have denied the evidence that exists on this very thread. Your reputation on this forum for dishonesty remains intact.
First, get your facts straight. Trump did not state that NFL owners should fire players. Here's what he did say:

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out, he’s fired. He’s fired!’”

“You know, some owner is gonna do that. He’s gonna say, ‘That guy disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’re friends of mine, many of them. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week. They’ll be the most popular person in this country.”

Speaking in a hypothetical is not the same as calling for owners to fire players.

Second, its not possible for me to "defend" something that Trump didn't say. So, I defy you to point out specifically where I said that Trump was correct to call for players to be fired.

If anyone has a "reputation for dishonestly", it should be folks who like to try to spin the words of others, or put words in other people's mouths.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Speaking in a hypothetical is not the same as calling for owners to fire players.
You truly are dumb as a stump. No wonder you're a Trumpette.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

What Whell is having a hard time grasping is that these athletes are protesting against his Dear Leader, a man he still admires, and Americans who think, act and talk like Trump. It must suck to know that a majority of Americans find his Dear Leader unfit for office. Some heavy cognitive dissonance going on - with every breath he claims not to be defending Trump as he reflexively defends Trump.
You're so sad. Of course the week 3 protests were directed at Trump. You claimed that the protests were "Trump's fault". No, they were the players making an idiotic political statement, choosing their place of work to do it, and the timing of the statement, the National Anthem, couldn't have been worse.

Now, you claim that my statements are somehow "defending" Trump. That's your highly myopic perspective and your own "cognitive dissonance". I'm simply looking at what the players are doing and, like many fans who showed up at the games during weeks 1 - 3 this year, criticizing it. But, I'm sure you'll continue to spin my comments in whatever manner suits you.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
You truly are dumb as a stump. No wonder you're a Trumpette.
Yet more responses that criticize the poster and not the content of the post. At least you're consistent.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
First, get your facts straight. Trump did not state that NFL owners should fire players. Here's what he did say:

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out, he’s fired. He’s fired!’”

“You know, some owner is gonna do that. He’s gonna say, ‘That guy disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’re friends of mine, many of them. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week. They’ll be the most popular person in this country.”

Second, its not possible for me to "defend" something that Trump didn't say. So, I defy you to point out specifically where I said that Trump was correct to call for players to be fired.

If anyone has a "reputation for dishonestly", it should be folks who like to try to spin the words of others, or put words in other people's mouths.
Wouldn't we love it if Whell never posted here again. Now you tell me: is that a hypothetical or a suggestion?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yet more responses that criticize the poster and not the content of the post.
The poster and content are always the same - idiotic. You never respond to questions from others, you deflect, like a slimy politician, or a Trump stooge. You provide us a look into just how reprehensible Trump supporters truly are.

I'll ask again, what about Jared's use of private email accounts for government use? Should we "lock him up", or will you continue to ignore and deflect? Your continued defense of the Trump crime family is simply astounding in the face of all their lies, never mind the mounting evidence of crimes approaching treason.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Wouldn't we love it if Whell never posted here again. Now you tell me: is that a hypothetical or a suggestion?
I knew you wouldn't back up your own claim, and then you stooped to the post above. No wonder you don't want me around to point out how baseless your claims are.