Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Resident octogenarian

You really should ask what are the definitions of normal, there is no single definition. Since I am alleged to have an IQ in the 99th percentile I am most definitely not normal.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Excellent point, what is the definition of "normal"?
I believe "most common" is used to describe normal.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:15 PM

Well, I did finally get my prescription. Started Adderall XR today. Meh, it's the lowest dose available, but other than dry mouth and not having any appetite (woohoo) I'm not sure I feel any different. For a while I was thinking "well, I don't have that overwhelmed feeling at work" and then I realized there were about half a dozen people in the building. So, we'll see.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Good luck!

John
Old 12-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Well, I did finally get my prescription. Started Adderall XR today. Meh, it's the lowest dose available, but other than dry mouth and not having any appetite (woohoo) I'm not sure I feel any different. For a while I was thinking "well, I don't have that overwhelmed feeling at work" and then I realized there were about half a dozen people in the building. So, we'll see.
I was looking that stuff over and it's supposed to be highly addictive, basically an amphetamine.

You might want to take a look at Provigil. It's also been used for AHAD, my wife's been taking it for a couple of years without any problems. And it's not as addictive.

I take a half of one every now and then when I have a lot to do and my heart isn't in it. It really lights a fire under my ass.

Wouldn't hurt to ask your Doc.

Chas
Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Area Man

I've been diagnosed with "chronic depression and anxiety disorder". Plus, I have now been through "anger management" three times since I was seventeen. It has been suggested that I start taking Prozac or Zoloft, but as yet I have not taken either one.
I just don't trust it. I know people who take Prozac, and it just seems to turn them into giggling idiots who don't care about anything.

Dave
Old 12-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I've been diagnosed with "chronic depression and anxiety disorder". Plus, I have now been through "anger management" three times since I was seventeen. It has been suggested that I start taking Prozac or Zoloft, but as yet I have not taken either one.
I just don't trust it. I know people who take Prozac, and it just seems to turn them into giggling idiots who don't care about anything.

Dave
There's a fair amount of information that suggests some anti-depressants turn some people into sociopaths. It makes them stop worrying about things like other people.

John

[EDIT] I just pulled this off the manufacturer's website for Havidol:

Q: I've heard some things recently about "HAVIDOL and sociopathology". Where can I get more information about the social effects of HAVIDOL?

A: HAVIDOL does not increase antisocial behavior in the patient. It may decrease the patient's sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. There is little documentation to support this claim other than the observations of those not undertaking treatment with HAVIDOL.

Hmmmmm........

Last edited by Boreas; 12-23-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
There's a fair amount of information that suggests some anti-depressants turn some people into sociopaths. It makes them stop worrying about things like other people.

John

Q: I've heard some things recently about "HAVIDOL and sociopathology". Where can I get more information about the social effects of HAVIDOL?

A: HAVIDOL does not increase antisocial behavior in the patient. It may decrease the patient's sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. There is little documentation to support this claim other than the observations of those not undertaking treatment with HAVIDOL.

Hmmmmm........
Not to be confused with Haldol?

Chas
Old 12-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

John

Hmmmmm........
It has been my experience that any info pulled from any drug company website is not completely truthful or accurate. It is big business placing the dollar ahead of the patient while being technically within the law with the info they share. I personally have witnessed two people who while on ani depressants changed the course of their life all to latter look back (when off them) and curse them.

IMHO the two most dangerous types of drugs to take are anti depressants, for the way they alter your decision making process and Benzodiazepines for their sever addictiveness and protracted withdrawal. They literally make heroin addition seem like a very simple thing.

My recommendation is to only take medications for life sustaining purposes or the relief of intolerable pain.
Any drug that alters you brain I would avoid unless YOU not others feel it necessary.
Chemically little is understood about most these drugs.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Not to be confused with Haldol?

Chas
I think haldol is one of those drugs that make you a zombie with so many side effects that cogentin is often prescribed simultaneously to counter the most debilitating effects.