Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I got it rough huh? Bitching about going to the Caribbean on vacation.
I know exactly what you mean. Way off topic but can't get it out of my head. Watched Oprah today (yes, I get paid to watch TV. It would be fucking Oprah) and learned that you can buy sex with a 6 year old girl (no, that's not a typo. Six years old) in Cambodia for $3 American. You can buy the girl outright for a little more than $300. I was feeling stressed out at the time and then I heard that. Saw the brothels and heard the stories from a mutilated girl who got kicked out after they stuck a pick in her eye.

I got it rough too. Watching TV in my huge office with a view of the Rocky Mountains, complaining that I'm stressed out in my six figure job. In the mean time, a six year old girl is being sold into slavery.

Have a great trip and try to take a minute to count your blessings.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Area Man

Time travel, Pfffftt! You earthlings are SO primitive! I was the one who put that "horse-sling" over Czarina Catherines bed. THAT was one twisted ho!
(And Rasputin was one of us. As was Nostradamus.)

Dave
Old 12-02-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I know exactly what you mean. Way off topic but can't get it out of my head. Watched Oprah today (yes, I get paid to watch TV. It would be fucking Oprah) and learned that you can buy sex with a 6 year old girl (no, that's not a typo. Six years old) in Cambodia for $3 American. You can buy the girl outright for a little more than $300. I was feeling stressed out at the time and then I heard that. Saw the brothels and heard the stories from a mutilated girl who got kicked out after they stuck a pick in her eye.

I got it rough too. Watching TV in my huge office with a view of the Rocky Mountains, complaining that I'm stressed out in my six figure job. In the mean time, a six year old girl is being sold into slavery.

Have a great trip and try to take a minute to count your blessings.
A feller needs to look around at times so that he can appreciate just how good he's got it.

How's the smog out in Denver? When I was there in the early 70's, by 10:00 AM you couldn't see the tops of the Rocky's, it looked like someone took a paintbrush full of brown paint and blotted out the top of the horizon.

Chas
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
You must really love your cats. You're a good man.

Chas
Chas this is the first time we have ever observed a family of cats. They show so much affection for each other it is a joy to watch. We are just grateful that He let us see this.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

Safe trip Chas, and hope you get to relax.

Here is our little family of cats; The black and white is the male, Mouser, The Tabbico is Callie the mother cat, and the calico is Freckles.

The second shot has the orange tabby Missy, the calico again and the tortiseshell Roofer. She got that name becaus one morning Florence sent up the bedroom window blind and found herself face to face with the kitten. They all climb trees like squirrels and love to jump onto the roof and run around.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-12-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Safe trip Chas, and hope you get to relax.

Here is our little family of cats; The black and white is the male, Mouser, The Tabbico is Callie the mother cat, and the calico is Freckles.

The second shot has the orange tabby Missy, the calico again and the tortiseshell Roofer. She got that name becaus one morning Florence sent up the bedroom window blind and found herself face to face with the kitten. They all climb trees like squirrels and love to jump onto the roof and run around.
Fine looking critters, I'm glad that you enjoy them so.

The trip will be fine. Actually, I'm glad that Fast Eddie pointed out to me as to just down in the mouth I was becoming. I always was prone to making myself miserable, now that I'm wise to my game again, I'll make myself happy...to the best of my jaded abilities.

It's not what happens to you, it's how you let it affect you...I keep forgetting this.

Chas
Old 12-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I'm time-traveling at 60 seconds per minute towards my next beer

Theoretically, if you knew every variable for every last thing in the universe your predictions would be 100% accurate - you could 'see' the future.

Pete
The ultimate difference engine. Even then it could only work with a finite universe. Science amazes me, I really do believe in cause and effect but inventing something that cannot be detected just to balance the books? Sounds like we're into the world of bankers (or politicians) again.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
The ultimate difference engine. Even then it could only work with a finite universe. Science amazes me, I really do believe in cause and effect but inventing something that cannot be detected just to balance the books? Sounds like we're into the world of bankers (or politicians) again.
Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Once upon a time someone postulated the existence of black holes because their existence could explain things which were otherwise inexplicable. Now we have found them. did belief in them cause their creation? Like God?

John
Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
Yeah Oops, no final entopy? Must be dark matter

And it'll balance the books lol.

John, I'm with you, but don't consider theories true just because they fit the known facts. That Russian scientist from the classic 'The Black Cloud': "prediction is everything!" (iirc )

Pete
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
How's the smog out in Denver? When I was there in the early 70's, by 10:00 AM you couldn't see the tops of the Rocky's, it looked like someone took a paintbrush full of brown paint and blotted out the top of the horizon.
Wow, really? It's great here near as I can tell. I have an awesome office with a view of the mountains (it's spectacular, really). Most days it's a stunning views. I'm downtown on Lincoln- two blocks from the Capitol. Only time it's not clear is when there's weather.

Take care,

Ed