Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:55 PM

What a freakin Waste

I have been cyber shopping for a decent pro amp with a built in crossover circuit,and betwwen all the junk and rude people it was a total scrub.the GFA555 is looking good and there are a couple at a good price but i am stil going to need to do the crossover thing.
one thing i know for sure pyle means pile of shit to me anyway they have a zillion of those things on the web 6,000 watt amp for 99 dollars yet right,Ok I consider myself pretty gulible but you would have to be so damn stupid to even think about one of those,BTW I did briefly consider the options LOL.

I am going to go and find some good shows on the telly maybe start the house of cards thing ,I have both versions in que.I hope everyone has been minding their P's and Q's.maybe tomorow i will find a good lead on a amp.oh yea I am about 10 seconds from calling this one guy on DIY a dick,I have never been booted from a board before it might feel good.any hoo,Chow!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Admin

Masticate before swallowing Cleon.

We've been catching the Brit version of House of Cards and enjoying it before we start on the Spacey version.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Masticate before swallowing Cleon.

We've been catching the Brit version of House of Cards and enjoying it before we start on the Spacey version.
net flix just added a ton of Brit shows that look good got em locked in.Hey Bob you said you had some Paradihm speakers,What kind?
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
net flix just added a ton of Brit shows that look good got em locked in.Hey Bob you said you had some Paradihm speakers,What kind?
Nope, not me. Vandersteen threes, JBL L100t3s in the big system. JBL L80t3 for my 'puter speaks . DCM TF 400s in storage and a pair of Altec 604 E's waiting for some cabs.

Those Adcom 'Triple nickels' were developed by Nelson Pass and are what is known as a real game changer, (unlike Sarah Palin ). They were the first audiophile grade big and bad boys at a bargain pricepoint. You should be able to find one at $300 to $350 in good condition. Adcom made tons of them. Sometimes people overdrive them and blow an internal fuse and they can be had a little cheaper. The 'lytics inside look like mini 7-up cans.

If you do open one up, be extra sure those cans are discharged properly. They pack a wallop that will kill you, seriously.

Last edited by bobabode; 03-21-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Nope, not me. Vandersteen threes, JBL L100t3s in the big system. JBL L80t3 for my 'puter speaks . DCM TF 400s in storage and a pair of Altec 604 E's waiting for some cabs.

Those Adcom 'Triple nickels' were developed by Nelson Pass and are what is known as a real game changer, (unlike Sarah Palin ). They were the first audiophile grade big and bad boys at a bargain pricepoint. You should be able to find one at $300 to $350 in good condition. Adcom made tons of them. Sometimes people overdrive them and blow an internal fuse and they can be had a little cheaper. The 'lytics inside look like mini 7-up cans.

If you do open one up, be extra sure those cans are discharged properly. They pack a wallop that will kill you, seriously.
oh ok,I bet your amp makes those speakers purrr,I just looked at those vandee's those are sweet and tose jbl's aint no slouches neither.that is one thing that meakes me feel good ,to be able to mingle in here with the big boys.there is some serious gear on this board. oh dont worrie I got a deep respect for Sir KILLAwatt,had a 120 outlet toss my big ass cross the room a few years ago.

Last edited by one1; 03-21-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
oh ok,I bet your amp makes those speakers purrr,I just looked at those vandee's those are sweet and tose jbl's aint no slouches neither.that is one thing that meakes me feel good ,to be able to mingle in here with the big boys.there is some serious gear on this board. oh dont worrie I got a deep respect for Sir KILLAwatt,had a 120 outlet toss my big ass cross the room a few years ago.
Thanks Cleon, I'm just a cheapskate nailpounder who without those smart folk at AK wouldn't have even known what was good or not. 120v AC is just a tickle compared to the DC voltage stored in those big electrolytic capacitors. They'll leave a scorch mark and stop your heart dead. Really.

No offense intended, just want anyone reading this to know what the dangers are with Thor's little cans. AK search "discharging caps" for mo' better info. Just unplugging the unit won't make it safe, capacitors can store a charge for years in some cases
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Area Man

It can get frustrating. I have called a buyer a dick before. To his face, in my living room. He agrees over the phone that the price I'm asking is more than fair. He comes over to look at it and tells me how awesome it looks and sounds.

Then offers me half what I was asking. I thank him for wasting my time. He starts trying to slick talk me. I inform him I want to sell it, but I don't have to sell it.

"There is no way, I'm giving you $300 for that."

"Then, get lost, why don't you?"

"Man, you're a rough one."

"I have to be. The world is full of dicks like you."

He left.

Dave
Old 03-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Admin

Well played Dave.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It can get frustrating. I have called a buyer a dick before. To his face, in my living room. He agrees over the phone that the price I'm asking is more than fair. He comes over to look at it and tells me how awesome it looks and sounds.

Then offers me half what I was asking. I thank him for wasting my time. He starts trying to slick talk me. I inform him I want to sell it, but I don't have to sell it.

"There is no way, I'm giving you $300 for that."

"Then, get lost, why don't you?"

"Man, you're a rough one."

"I have to be. The world is full of dicks like you."

He left.

Dave
Awright yea ,good for you Dave.they can make a good natured person forget about being nice.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:07 PM

oh Bob,BTW When I finish up my project you will see why I needed a particular amp.