Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Jigsawed

BTW I was watching a tv piece on a US tank force in action in the first gulf war.

To my surprise these guys hero was the Desert fox, Rommel.

Damn, I was taken aback, I thought they would go for Patton.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
BTW I was watching a tv piece on a US tank force in action in the first gulf war.

To my surprise these guys hero was the Desert fox, Rommel.

Damn, I was taken aback, I thought they would go for Patton.
Patton; Old blood and guts (our blood, his guts), from his troops.
Rommel's identity was as Hitlers tank commander in the sand, Monty was there too.

And about Georgi Zhukov, tho he didn't do the sandy place?
Just asking.

Wiki articles attribute them all very professionally competent and accomplished soldiers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-26-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Jigsawed

Things seem to be cooling down.

http://rt.com/news/236523-ukraine-he...ns-withdrawal/
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
One of the read more articles - "Kiev trying to invalidate weapons withdraw plan, undermine Minsk deal – militia officials." The heat is still there.

Last edited by nailer; 03-01-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
One of the read more articles - "Kiev trying to invalidate weapons withdraw plan, undermine Minsk deal – militia officials." The heat is still there.
There are some in Kiev who still believe in a military solution.

They do not understand the resolve of the Russians that they are tired of being
pushed around in their own backyard.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Jigsawed

Mission creep?

So we helped the Ukrainians remove a pro Russian government.

The heavily Russian speaking part of Ukraine revolted.

We pushed our Kiev boys for a military solution. That did not
work. Our kiev boys got beaten. So we up the ante we are sending out troops..300 military advisers. Advisors! A familiar sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9oUoUVHN3E
Old 03-03-2015, 08:49 AM

I'm virtually speechless! What we end up with here is US troops (plus UK and Polish contingents) on the ground in eastern Ukraine and Russian troops on the ground in western Ukraine. This will explode.

It also makes me, for the first time, seriously consider the possibility that the C.I.A. did Nemtsov in. Having a high profile assassination of an opponent of Putin at this time serves the interests of those looking for a pretext for ramping up the tensions between Russia and the West.

There's also the folly of training soldiers who simply don't want to fight. That didn't exactly work out in Iraq.

John
Old 03-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I'm virtually speechless! What we end up with here is US troops (plus UK and Polish contingents) on the ground in eastern Ukraine and Russian troops on the ground in western Ukraine. This will explode.

It also makes me, for the first time, seriously consider the possibility that the C.I.A. did Nemtsov in. Having a high profile assassination of an opponent of Putin at this time serves the interests of those looking for a pretext for ramping up the tensions between Russia and the West.

There's also the folly of training soldiers who simply don't want to fight. That didn't exactly work out in Iraq.

John
Did the CIA also murder the ~300 journalists who have murdered in Russia since 1993 and the various political adversaries who have been on the receiving end of a bullet or a dose of poison since Putin came on board?

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europ...-Soviet-Russia

I think there's a much greater chance that the continuous bombardment of Russia by state-controlled media/propaganda riled up some violent nationalists (if Putin himself didn't help orchestrate it).
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Ready

This deployment of a small handful of troops would be trainers needed to get the Ukrainian operators up-to-speed on the use of weapons we are thinking of providing. If the weapons don't go, the trainers don't go. Or if there's too much heat over this idea, we could transport some Ukrainians out-of-country for training somewhere else, and then they come back and train others. This way would work better, though.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Did the CIA also murder the ~300 journalists who have murdered in Russia since 1993 and the various political adversaries who have been on the receiving end of a bullet or a dose of poison since Putin came on board?

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europ...-Soviet-Russia

I think there's a much greater chance that the continuous bombardment of Russia by state-controlled media/propaganda riled up some violent nationalists (if Putin himself didn't help orchestrate it).
For the sake of argument, let's just say that everything you say and imply above is true. How does that change any of what I said in the post you were responding to? Placing US, UK and Polish troops on the ground in Ukraine is a foolishly provocative act that is also doomed to fail to achieve its stated purchase.

Also, your clear intent is to imply that Putin and his immediate predecessors were responsible for all the murders you refer to. This isn't only misleading but demonstrably false. Many of those murders are attributable to the Bratva and to oligarchs facing exposure in the press.

Even if every single one of these murders could be laid at Putin's feet (and they can't), does it mean that Nemtsov's must also be? Or might it be a calculation that Putin would be blamed for a murder engineered by a foreign intelligence agency like the C.I.A.? Might this serve Western interests in that it would offer a pretext fore the increasingly aggressive behavior of the US and NATO?

John