Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM

"Thirteenthers"

See, ya got yer Teabaggers and ya got yer Birthers and ya got yer Tenthers but now.... now ya got yer Thirteenthers too! What's a Thirteenther you ask? Well, a Thirteenther is someone who wants to "reintroduce" the original - failed - Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution. It stated that "if any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive or retain any title of nobility or honor (from a) foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen” and “shall be incapable of holding any office of trust.”

Why would anyone be in favor of such am amendment? Simple. So it can be used against one man: President Barack Obama. See, Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, right? So if we reinstate and ratify that amendment we can strip Obama of his citizenship - you know, that he doesn't actually have? - and then remove him from office.

Crazy? Well, yeah, but not too crazy for the Iowa Republican Party which has included a Thirteenther plank in their brand new shiny Party platform!

I gotta tell you, you Republicans have really gone 'round the bend! We tried to help you but you wouldn't listen and now it's too late. You're complete goners! Pegged out! Tits up! Pushin' up the daisies!

John
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Abby Normal

I think you are wrong John. I think the GOP has realized that a large segment of the country are real hate filled morons and are capitalizing on them. This started with Bush's cultivation of the religious idiots and is a natural extension.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I DON'T like His Holiness, Barak the Firstest, but this "Thirteenther" business about takes the cake...
yeah but the only reason you think like this is because you are not one of the morons taking your marching orders from Beck
Old 07-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I think you are wrong John. I think the GOP has realized that a large segment of the country are real hate filled morons and are capitalizing on them. This started with Bush's cultivation of the religious idiots and is a natural extension.
Actually, it probably started with the Southern Strategy in 1968, was enhanced by Reagan's cultivation of the Religious Right, strengthened by Lee Water during Bush the Elder, and brought to its current status by Dubya. Onwards and upwards, Christian Soldiers!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Actually, it probably started with the Southern Strategy in 1968, was enhanced by Reagan's cultivation of the Religious Right, strengthened by Lee Water during Bush the Elder, and brought to its current status by Dubya. Onwards and upwards, Christian Soldiers!!!
“I was wrong to follow the meanness of Conservatism. I should have been trying to help people instead of take advantage of them. I don’t hate anyone anymore. For the first time in my life I don’t hate somebody. I have nothing but good feelings toward people. I’ve found Jesus Christ – It’s that simple. He’s made a difference.” -- Lee Atwater

Lee Atwater was Rove's mentor in the George H W Bush White House. As he was dying of a brain tumor Atwater urged Rove to follow a different path. It didn't work.

John
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

I gotta tell you, you Republicans have really gone 'round the bend! We tried to help you but you wouldn't listen and now it's too late. You're complete goners! Pegged out! Tits up! Pushin' up the daisies!

John
Rotflmao!!!

Pete