Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
The old saw that it's the LEFT's fault for not explaining the situation is complete & utter crap. MAGA morons believe what they want to believe, and MAGA morons get their propaganda only from RIGHT wingnut media.
From Joan Williams' article:

His election made me realize that I and other progressives had failed to clearly communicate to our fellow Americans the reason for the hollowing out of the middle class: a toxic brand of slash-and-burn capitalism where Big Men’s frantic performance of masculinity “requires” them to hoard outlandish wealth so they can win the masculinity contest that defines their lives—gutting workers’ futures in the process.

OK, so this feminist law professor thinks capitalism has a masculinity problem? And she's bummed that more Americans don't agree with her? I think this will continue to bother poor Ms Williams because no American with half a brain is going to buy the crap she's selling. And suggesting that the folks who don't agree with you and her on this are MAGAmorons and Right-wingnut media isn't going to help her, or your, case at all.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I think this will continue to bother poor Ms Williams because no American with half a brain is going to buy the crap she's selling.
The almost half of Americans who voted twice for a sexual assault perp/sociopathic grifter/lying-ass seditionist...don't have half a brain. And those of us here on PC finally have to accept the sad fact that this includes you, Mikey.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-20-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:05 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
From Joan Williams' article:

His election made me realize that I and other progressives had failed to clearly communicate to our fellow Americans the reason for the hollowing out of the middle class: a toxic brand of slash-and-burn capitalism where Big Men’s frantic performance of masculinity “requires” them to hoard outlandish wealth so they can win the masculinity contest that defines their lives—gutting workers’ futures in the process.

OK, so this feminist law professor thinks capitalism has a masculinity problem? And she's bummed that more Americans don't agree with her? I think this will continue to bother poor Ms Williams because no American with half a brain is going to buy the crap she's selling. And suggesting that the folks who don't agree with you and her on this are MAGAmorons and Right-wingnut media isn't going to help her, or your, case at all.

Donald Trump and Elon Musk are poster children for the case she is making. For example, Trump consistently ripped off construction workers and subcontractors on his projects and Musk has thus far not paid hundreds of millions in severance pay to laid off workers the world around.

Though I am not a big believer in the notion of toxic masculinity, these two clowns do provide pretty clear examples to those wishing to make the case.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:25 AM
Jigsawed

A mishmash of whining, except it left out Clinton's wholesale sell out to the offshoring clique and Obama giving the government to Goldman Sachs.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:26 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
A mishmash of whining, except it left out Clinton's wholesale sell out to the offshoring clique and Obama giving the government to Goldman Sachs.

You are certainly reliable when it comes to contriving some lamé whataboutism involving Clinton.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:06 AM
Jigsawed

Covid revealed the fundamental error of the Clinton Heralded model. The country is now on the mend as globalization is much less appealing...common sense prevails.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
WTF is wrong with this country one asks?

Full of spoiled entitled whiners! With a very loud voice on certain news outlets fueling their rants.
Almost half full...46% full. I find that number interesting. It's the number Trump got in both elections* and the last few congressional votes find the Republican House and Senate candidates getting a total of 46% of the vote. So what have we learned here? It doesn't matter how criminal the behavior of a Republican candidate...the Republcan American voter will vote for that criminal anyway.

*Along with getting 46% of the vote in both elections, Trump got 60% of the white vote. I am officially ashamed of my race...and when I'm walking down any street, knowing that six out of every ten white people I pass are fucking Trump voters is one of the more disgusting aspects of my life.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-20-2023 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
The old saw that it's the LEFT's fault for not explaining the situation is complete & utter crap. MAGA morons believe what they want to believe, and MAGA morons get their propaganda only from RIGHT wingnut media.
I agree with you on this, do not believe that any amount of explanation can or will change some one's mind if their minds are made up. And those living in an echo chamber do not hear or read any contrary view points anyway, so why even bother?

My own perception is taht people without critical thinking skills like the MAGAmorons cannot ever brought around unless their belief system sinks them. Even then chances they will be looking for a scapegoat. If one buys snake oil, is it the fault of the seller making outlandish claims or the buyer. Most buyers will blame the salesman.

Putting Trump behind bars will only enrage them even further because they will still be listening only to him and his rants. But it may save the country.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:23 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

WTF is wrong with this country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Covid revealed the fundamental error of the Clinton Heralded model. The country is now on the mend as globalization is much less appealing...common sense prevails.

Blaming Clinton for globalism is akin to blaming a rooster for the dawn. The reforms that heralded Chinese entry into global markets for manufactured goods started under Deng in 1978 at which time Clinton was the Attorney General of Arkansas.

You seem totally unencumbered by facts when it comes to ragging on Clinton.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-20-2023 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
F
OK, so this feminist law professor thinks capitalism has a masculinity problem?.
A raging patriarchy problem, in fact. Why are women paid 70-75% of what men are paid for the same work? Fucking patriarchy.