Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
IF Iraq becomes a responsible Middle Eastern nation that provides stability against Iran and becomes a bulwark against state-sponsored terrorism then he may be seen in a more favorable light as years go by. On domestic issues such as the economy he may be seen as just as bad as Calvin Coolidge, if not worse. His prosecution of two wars without paying for them and his lowering of the tax burden on the wealthy has created a huge deficit that was only made worse by the recession that followed. Actually as far as the economy goes he will never be seen as a positive force in American history....he may be worse than Calvin Coolidge.
Exactly.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I remember when Bush was running for president the first time my brother a Reagan worshiper said during the GOP primaries about Bush, "He has bankrupted ever business he's been involved with to date!" Guess you can add the Nation to the list now!

Barney
Your brother was wrong. His Texas Rangers did quite well and made him a multi-millionaire.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 PM

George W. Bush will be remembered as the president who served right before that embarrassing one term f-ck up who was the first black President.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
"Not a liberal at age 20 = no heart. Not a conservative by age 40 = no brain."
Well I am ass backwards then.

I was a "let em get a job" libertarian when I was 20 and I had learned by the time I was 40 how unjust capitalism was for so many and became left leaning.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
George W. Bush will be remembered as the president who served right before that embarrassing one term f-ck up who was the first black President.
Dream on...
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned

For me, it's all the kids that were killed for nothing. Regardless of debts, deficits, stem cell, tax policy, or whatever, it's the lives lost for nothing that should ruin his legacy.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 PM

Wish you had asked how I would view his presidency, but you didn't.

The shrub presidency will be rewritten many time I think. By some who wish to use it as a dead weight to sink the right, by others who will try and find ways to see salvation through it.

Heck, I am hearing people that praise LBJ now.

I just wish he could be held accountable for the number of innocent lives lost in Iraq due to his bloated self-righteous ego. I can't feel anything but hatred toward him.............
Old 04-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Don't hate him, I reserve my hatred for people that count. He will answer to a higher authority then me for all the innocent blood he shed, and the children left to cry themselves to sleep because Mom or Dad came home in a flag draped coffin.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Well I am ass backwards then.

I was a "let em get a job" libertarian when I was 20 and I had learned by the time I was 40 how unjust capitalism was for so many and became left leaning.
You and me both. Life learned me many lessons on those 20 years. Moving to the US was the single biggest factor of moving me to the left.