Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2018, 09:16 AM

Lefty Lunacy - Hold Kids Hostage to Gun Control Agenda

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.5824319c538c

Former Education Secretary Arne Duncan pushed a radical idea on Twitter: Parents should pull their children out of school until elected officials pass stricter gun control laws.

His tweet came hours after a shooting rampage at a Houston-area high school Friday killed 10 people — a mass shooting that came just three months after 17 students and staffers were slain at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

When Peter Cunningham, a former education department employee, tweeted that it may be time for parents to pull their children out of school until gun laws are changed, Duncan, the education secretary under Obama, responded that his family “is in.”

“This is brilliant, and tragically necessary,” Duncan tweeted. “What if no children went to school until gun laws changed to keep them safe? My family is all in if we can do this at scale. Parents, will you please join us?”

And yet, on Friday morning, I went over to my daughter's school for a presentation. One of the staff saw me coming to the door, ran over and let me right in. Sure, she was being nice to open the door for me. But she didn't know who I was or what my business was at the school. I had a discussion with the principal about it, and she acknowledged that she's talked to the staff about following security procedures and that wasn't what the staff is trained to do, even when they're expecting parents to come to the school.

Lots of simple things can be done first before we start holding our kids hostage to the left's gun control agenda. Lunacy.