Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:56 AM

Muslims Save Christians From Massacre

Actually, there are a lot of stories like this, like the Muslim clerk in the French Kosher market who saved Jewish patrons from terrorists. Trouble is, they rarely get mentioned after the initial reports because they run counter to a lot of people's agendas.

Quote:
When the militants attempted to sort through the passengers, they told “locals” — most of whom are Muslim and ethnic Somalis — that they could get back on and be spared, according to the BBC.

They refused.

“We even gave some non-Muslims our religious attire to wear in the bus so that they would not be identified easily. We stuck together tightly,” Abdi Mohamud Abdi, a Muslim passenger, told Reuters. “The militants threatened to shoot us, but we still refused and protected our brothers and sisters. Finally they gave up and left but warned that they would be back.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...k-reports-say/
Old 01-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Ready

Brought this one up before X-Mas. Only Ike responded, to rubbish my claim that it represents an example of successfully negotiating with terrorists.

Ther was no argument on the point that it represents Muslims acting on anti-terrorist convictions, at great personal risk.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Brought this one up before X-Mas. Only Ike responded, to rubbish my claim that it represents an example of successfully negotiating with terrorists.

Ther was no argument on the point that it represents Muslims acting on anti-terrorist convictions, at great personal risk.
Sorry, I missed that. Sorry I missed that. I would have enjoyed seeing Ike trying to salvage his old "you can't negotiate with terrorists" wheeze in the face of a very concrete counter-example.

But maybe al-Shabab aren't "real terrorists".

And it comes as no surprise that Ike chose to completely ignore the overwhelming humanity shown by the Muslim passengers. They categorically rejected the available means of saving their own lives because it meant abandoning their Christian "brothers" to the tender mercies of the East African al-Qaeda "franchise".